• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire Bund ads

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if it's just me, but these banners are coming off very pedophilic. I understand Funi is paying you guys to have them up and everything, but i'm just saying...
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
I don't know if it's just me, but these banners are coming off very pedophilic. I understand Funi is paying you guys to have them up and everything, but i'm just saying...

One of the several reasons I like being a subscriber is that no matter what, you can make the theme you choose permeate and it will never change if you choose that option. My personal favorite is the ANN 2006 theme, all it is blue and that is about it. Just good old simple blue.

But even without a subscriber account, it's still exceptionally easy to change your theme to something you like V1cious.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
I'm still amazed that Funi picked up this title and that they are clearly making zero effort to hide the "sexy loli" aspect of the show to market it. This is one instance where anime's low profile in North America works to its advantage. I can only imagine the explosion of Tea Party heads if they ever become aware of the "lotion rubbing" scene. Laughing
bravetailor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 am Reply with quote
I would count that ad as very close to NSFW. Laughing

I don't know if Funimation's site still has the ad up (I dare not check right now!) but I remember I was there a few days ago and the site was just a neverending repetition of that pic of her. Think you can get past the ad if you scroll down? THINK AGAIN! The ad just repeats itself over and over as you keep scrolling! Laughing
V1046-R

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
This is another show I bought without knowing jack about it. God help me if any family members pull this off my shelf, and start watching it. They will probably assume something very bad about me.

"No honestly, she isn't a little girl. She is an immortal vampire. You got me all wrong. I am not into that kind of thing..." Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1