• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
List of Summer Season 2011 TV Anime in Japan

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninja noir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quote
hmm....doesn't look too interesting. might check out blood c and usagi drop though. Confused
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Was Mawaru Penguindrum left out due to simple lack of information?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
The picture that leapt out was Kamimemo with its Kishida Mel character design, but there's an error in that section - I assume "the&mdeash;" is supposed to be "them —". The premise also reminds me of the manga Remote.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
hmmm, not too much sounded appealing there, maybe 3 or 4 sounded good, might check out a few more as well but overall, not great
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Man. Seriously what a weak lineup. I'm tempted by Blood-C, but with CLAMP doing character designs and story concept, I really ought to know better.

Might look into Manyū Hiken-chō just for giggles.
Lann

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Sooooooooo no Full Metal Panic, Haruhi, HOTD, Initial D, Lucky Star, Spice and Wolf, Seikishi, B Gata H Kei, or Tsubasa+Holic? Noooooooo, its not like these series are left hanging or anything........

Just take your time japan..... ¬_¬
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Was Mawaru Penguindrum left out due to simple lack of information?

Well, it has trailers and promo information out now plus a rough summary, heck if ANN doesn't have enough info on it I'll try to find it and post it here.

So, for my must watch list: Bunny Drop, Natsume Yuujinchou San, No. 6 and Mawaru Penguindrum. And on my to-try list: Baka to Test 2, Blood C, Dantalian, Croisée and Memo-cho. Whew, between all of that and having three shows carrying over I'm kind of glad that Last Exile isn't premiering this season after all (and that Doctor Who is taking a hiatus since it looks like most of these shows are airing Thursday-Sunday, at least I won't be bored on the weekends).

And I lol'ed at what the website address for Manyu Hiken-Cho meant, nice catch. Anime hyper
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Not counting the shows on Noitamina ( which I always check out), I only see two, maybe three shows that seem interesting.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to #6 and Blood-C so far. Someday I'd like to start watching Natsume
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Funny how the only thing I'm truly looking foreword to this season is an OVA. Even then Carnival Phantasm doesn't come out till Aug 14th Crying or Very sad I can't wait, finally animated Sion and a few others!

I'm planning on watching the new Blood anime though I'm iffy about it. I hate most of the stuff Clamp has done. Dantalian no Shoka , Kamisama Dolls, Kami-sama no Memo-chō, IDOLM@STER, Usagi Drop are my current list so far.

Can't say to much t.v anime wise really catches my eye, oh well worst comes to worst I still have Steins;Gate which is going in to the summer season.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Not a whole lot particularly stands out. No. 6 has the potential to be both interesting and terminally cliched.

Bunny Drop seems interesting as an antidote to the "This is a heartfelt story about childhood and growing up and also the main character takes her clothes off at the drop of a hat" anime we've been getting for years. It sort of reminds me of Kurenai but (presumably) the protagonist doesn't have a sword embedded in his arm.
Suzuku21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote
ANN you left out Mawaru PenguinDrum.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm planning to check out Blood-C, Dantalian no Shoka, Ikoku Meiro no Croisée, Kami-sama no Memo-cho and No.6...

I mean, there's no way in hell I'll be able to keep up with all that, but hopefully I'll find a few good 'uns to follow.

Last edited by neocloud9 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely looking forward to Natsume Yūjin-Chō San. Natsume was a good quiet show with a great look. I'm also interested in Blade, although I might wait to see that. I'm curious about Blood-C. I can't say I'll watch it but I do want to check out the pilot. I'm also curious about Dantalian no Shoka. It reminds me of Black Butler, although I didn't care for Black Butler's ending. Nyanpire The Animation looks somewhat interesting if simply for the concept of a vampire cat. I'll probably check out at least the pilot of that one although I can't say I'd watch the whole show.
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I’ve slowly learned to stop reading the description for any upcoming show because it, honestly, usually makes the show sound awful. For the last few seasons I’ve picked shows based on criteria like studio, director, writing staff, and forum buzz. Not that this is the greatest way to pick shows, but I’ve been quite satisfied with most of my picks over the past two years. However, I find almost any subject fascinating on some level, so my interests in a particular show might be vastly different from the average viewer.

So far I’m going to be checking out: Blood-C, Dantalian no Shoka, Ikoku Meiro no Crosisee, Kami-sama no Memo-cho, No. 6, Sacred Seven, The IDOLM@STER, and Usagi Drop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8