• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Perfect TenTen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
you might as well be looking at any contemporary BL series. While it's understandable that there are certain rules to character design in this genre, you can't get much blander than Ritsu's boyish, light-haired appearance and Masamune's mature, long-chinned face. And don't even get started on side characters like Yokozawa, who is basically another lookalike seme type with slightly different hair.

I haven't read the manga, but I feel the same way about the anime. I have a hard time remembering who is who because all the seme/yukes more or less look alike. Combine that with having previously watched Junjo Romantica and well....
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"Who will prove the victor in this game of hearts?"
My money's on whoever manages to shoot the moon the most times.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 am Reply with quote
It's good to see a review about Tenjo Tenge, even if it might not be the best example of its genre, I am still wanting to pick up the first volume just to be able to read it uncensored.

The review about Girl Friends was interesting to read too, another quality yuri title is always welcomed. However, without an English translation, it won't do me much good.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:02 am Reply with quote
I think the review on Girlfriends was pretty spot on. Its pretty sweet and also acknowledges the challenges of such a relationship in society without getting melodramatic. It does have more elements of realism in it and probably why I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel with the girls later on in life.

As far as Tenjo Tenje it will be good to read it uncensored, but the story is a bit of a mess at first.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 am Reply with quote
Words can't describe in detail just how good it is to see that "Parental Advisory: Explicit Content" label on the cover of Tenjo Tenge. Smile
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote
Ohhhh, manga companies!!! If you ever want to start a yuri label imprint, Girl Friends would be an excellent choice. *hint hint* Wink
corinthian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:57 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Ohhhh, manga companies!!! If you ever want to start a yuri label imprint, Girl Friends would be an excellent choice. *hint hint* Wink

Seven Seas tried it with their Strawberry imprint, but it (sadly) didn't go anywhere. Official word is the line is dead. I don't think any major company has ever tried or even seemed interested in any overtly yuri series. There's always ALC/Yuricon if you want one-shots and the odd OEL.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
corinthian wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Seven Seas tried it with their Strawberry imprint, but it (sadly) didn't go anywhere. Official word is the line is dead. I don't think any major company has ever tried or even seemed interested in any overtly yuri series. There's always ALC/Yuricon if you want one-shots and the odd OEL.

To be honest, around the time Seven Seas started the yuri line, there weren't many yuri titles to choose from in Japan. Now, there should be a good number to choose from. Of course, that's where the tricky part comes in.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Quote:
"Who will prove the victor in this game of hearts?"

My money's on whoever manages to shoot the moon the most times.

We once played strip hearts (like strip poker), and the girl managed to shoot the moon 3 straight times! I smell a fix! Laughing

corinthian wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Fujoshi don't watch other girls, while guys just want pr0n! Laughing
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I feel Bleach Volume 35 deserves a vastly higher rating then a mere C rating..its Bleach in top form well that's my thoughts.
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
I feel Bleach Volume 35 deserves a vastly higher rating then a mere C rating..its Bleach in top form well that's my thoughts.

I love Bleach, but these volumes felt like the final stage from an adventure game like Kingdom Hearts II, but here the midbosses take a lot of time to defeat and the story is never moving forward to the final bosses
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:13 am Reply with quote
Wanted to get into Ten Ten, but it just comes off like a generic shonen manga w/ tits.
Otakukidd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:15 am Reply with quote
I still say we who have Tenjho vol 17 + got screwed. I'm not gonna re-buy 17 more volumes just to get the final 3 or 4 I need. It's great if you don't have any volumes, wohooo to you guys ^^
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Otakukidd wrote:
I still say we who have Tenjho vol 17 + got screwed. I'm not gonna re-buy 17 more volumes just to get the final 3 or 4 I need. It's great if you don't have any volumes, wohooo to you guys ^^

If you bought 17+ volumes of the CMX release, how did you get screwed? Just wait for Viz to catch up, and then buy what you don't currently own. You might overlap with a volume, since 17 & 18 will presumably be in the same book. I don't think that anyone is saying that you must buy all of the new release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1