• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!! Premieres on U.S. TV's Adult Swim Tonight

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taco-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:44 am Reply with quote
YES, DVR set to record. Excited to watch this again.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:46 am Reply with quote
Wait, 12:30. Hmm. No. Not going to bother with this... Oh well, I'll just wait for a Blu-ray set or something to watch this. It would've been better to have it on at 11:30, but meh.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote
Can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
keikanna44

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
I love Durarara!

Please get ratings....please get ratings....please get ratings.....
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote
I'm DVRing it.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:02 pm Reply with quote
darkhappy1 wrote:
Wait, 12:30. Hmm. No. Not going to bother with this... Oh well, I'll just wait for a Blu-ray set or something to watch this. It would've been better to have it on at 11:30, but meh.

Too late for you? :/
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I am glad I have my dvr set to record the whole 6 hour block on saturday/sunday on adult swim. Never have to worry about schedule changes I forget about.
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to tune in, but not having seen the original I have to ask: is it edited for broadcast? By which I mean, is there dialogue or material that wouldn't make broadcast, but would be in the release?

Personally, I like watching anything -for the first time- complete and unedited.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
CareyGrant wrote:
I'm going to tune in, but not having seen the original I have to ask: is it edited for broadcast? By which I mean, is there dialogue or material that wouldn't make broadcast, but would be in the release?

Personally, I like watching anything -for the first time- complete and unedited.

Um. Do they ever say the f-word on AS? Because I know they say it a few times in the episodes I've seen dubbed. Or maybe it was the s-word I can't remember lol.

Anyway I can't wait for this! Too bad they replaced Kekkaishi cause I was finally getting into it and was hoping to watch all the episodes I missed, but maybe they'll replace it with FLCL when it ends tonight. Idk. I hope so though, I'm tired of seeing FLCL on AS truthfully.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Adult Swim skimps on the unbleeped heavy cussing mostly, I assume because they're still part of Cartoon Network and there's risk of kids turning it on. But astute viewers would notice that the s-word has been said unbleeped a few times on "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex"(though still bleeped at other times), so it has been unbleeped on AS before. It could be an exception though, since GitS airs late at night and is the ONLY AS show where I've heard the s-word unbleeped. Odds are that Durarara!! is on too early to go unbleeped. But it's not like a bleep ruins the show. I love bleeps, since they give you more imagination for what word has been said(for some reason the bleep sound to me makes it sound like everyone says the f-word every time it's used), and it never ruins shows, on AS or Comedy Central or otherwise. Anyways, bleeps are none of the least intrusive edits I can think of for a show, especially compared to actual scene omissions, and Durarara!! will be fine even with bleeps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
CareyGrant wrote:

Um. Do they ever say the f-word on AS? Because I know they say it a few times in the episodes I've seen dubbed. Or maybe it was the s-word I can't remember lol.

Anyway I can't wait for this! Too bad they replaced Kekkaishi cause I was finally getting into it and was hoping to watch all the episodes I missed, but maybe they'll replace it with FLCL when it ends tonight. Idk. I hope so though, I'm tired of seeing FLCL on AS truthfully.
I don't think the f word has ever been used... Maybe your talking about the s word, Anime hyper. In episode 3 and 7 of the dub for Durarara!! they do say the s word which might get censored...
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:11 pm Reply with quote
augh going to be busy and can't find any blank tapes...meh.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
DVR has been set.
Price was a little high to blind buy, but if I like something enough I will pay Bandai Visual pricing (Gunbuster, Wings of Honneamise).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
darkhappy1 wrote:

Too late for you? :/

Probably just right for me since I go out Saturday nights, and I'd maybe home by then. Laughing

Also, the videos would be on Adult Swim's website after it airs:

http://video.adultswim.com/action/index.html

Last edited by enurtsol on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
JDuks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
http://www.crunchyroll.com/durarara/episode-1-exit-1-first-words-538466

If you're looking forward to the dub, I guess you can watch it on the AS website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4