• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: M×0's Kano to Start Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Well I really liked Mx0 besides its extremely abrupt ending. If he promises none of that then I look forward to this.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's kinda hard to promise someone not to get canceled.

Haven't seen anything from Kano in a while. Still have Pretty Face. Still would like that animated. Still wondering how the hell that would work.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
After two canceled series, I'm dubious about Kano's ability to finish a series, but I'll still be checking it out. Glutton for punishment? Confused
teferi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Well, it's kinda hard to promise someone not to get canceled.

Haven't seen anything from Kano in a while. Still have Pretty Face. Still would like that animated. Still wondering how the hell that would work.

Must be impossible; the whole conundrum with how they'd have Randou voiced just boggles the mind.

Although in spite of his inability to finish a series I'm glad Kanou got serialized again His series are still fun to read despite the endings =\
tobeast777

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! I love Kano, maybe this series won't get dropped for once.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote
While I liked what I saw of MxO and have heard good things about Pretty Face, I just don't think the Japanese like Kano. While Ken Akamastsu, and Kubo Tite failed with their first series, they succeeded with their second. I have never heard of a mangaka that had two cancelled series, and succeeded on his third.
killjoy0309

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
The Mxo series may have ended abruptly, but i have a feeling the author was getting bored with the series and felt it needed to end. Yes it could have gone for longer, but if you no longer have a passion for the series your writing then ending it before you really start to get into it is a kindness to the readers. The Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa Manga kinda had the same abrupt ending but it was still a very good short manga and could very well be good enough for an anime I think.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1