• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kemeko Deluxe! Romantic Comedy Manga Ends in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote
the myth about manga artists always rushing to meet the deadline must not be true then
I've seen the show but I haven't kept up with the comic.
nadir-seen-fire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I wish the anime had a continuation.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
nadir-seen-fire wrote:
I wish the anime had a continuation.

I do too.(I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Section23 will license Kemeko DX stateside). But keep in mind, the anime's budget wasn't cheap. At a budget estimated at 23.0 million yen($13 million) the show had an extremely expensive budget and production lasted nearly two years. With that budget, Kemeko DX remains and perhaps holds the record as the costliest most expensive anime in history.(Little Nemo and Kaleido Star follow right behind).
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:36 am Reply with quote
FYI the anime is on CR:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/kemeko-dx

GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
I do too.(I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Section23 will license Kemeko DX stateside). But keep in mind, the anime's budget wasn't cheap. At a budget estimated at 23.0 million yen($13 million) the show had an extremely expensive budget and production lasted nearly two years. With that budget, Kemeko DX remains and perhaps holds the record as the costliest most expensive anime in history.(Little Nemo and Kaleido Star follow right behind).

I think you went wrong somewhere in your figures.. Wink and maybe missing some 0's in the yen??
In any case, some of the fight scenes looked great, but the show didn't really seem like it that big of budget..
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
FYI the anime is on CR:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/kemeko-dx

GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:

I think you went wrong somewhere in your figures.. Wink and maybe missing some 0's in the yen??
In any case, some of the fight scenes looked great, but the show didn't really seem like it that big of budget..

Development of Kemeko DX started in November 2004, but production didn't begin until May 2006. I can recall plans to air the series in Japan on TVToyko in time for the April 2008 lineup, it was delayed for 7 months, also in early 2007 I got a special promo card showing the prototype design of Emumu and her Kemeko DX.

More than 40 Japanese voice actresses were signed on to voice each character, also XEBEC actually had to fill two offices during production, it was the studio's most expensive project ever. TVTokyo originally ordered 26 episodes but because of the show's 130.1 million yen($13 million there, thats better!) budget, XEBEC could only finish and afford 13.

Kemeko DX indeed holds the record as the most expensive costliest
anime TV show in history.
Kyubey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote
It does need a sequel though, out of all the cliffhanger endings that haven't been followed up, it had the worst, getting nowhere with the main plot and even introducing, and I use that term loosely, a random new character right at the very end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1