• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JAST USA 'Looking' Into Licensing Starry Sky Project

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:20 am Reply with quote
Thats great and all but someone already translated the first game a while ago.

If they do get the rights then I'm going to enjoy my years of waiting for a release!
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
fdyhfdhfdghdfhdfhf OMG PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN! Please, I will double dip for English version of all the games. Seriously Best news ever. First Hakuouki With Aksys and now possibly Starry Sky with Jast. I'm so happy~ I hope they are able to license and translate Starry Sky! A Translated ~In Autumn~ would be wonderful I loved that game the most *u* it would make everything less fuzzy for me since I can't read that well.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:27 am Reply with quote
I don't think I've heard of JAST do they only release PC games or do they release stuff on game systems too?

Also don't tell me they only accept credit cards like that one site that has those Higurashi and a handful Ero novels. I wonder why they won't get a pay-pal option for that site anyways?

I watched the Starry Sky anime and it was good, but I want to get the game too if they really plan on getting it.
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:38 am Reply with quote
Re: Paypal

Cause Paypal is horrific? They moved to a professional payment system which actually works.

I'm not interested in the majority of the titles JAST is releasing, Nitro+ stuff is really dark and not very fun. I guess I'm not depressed enough to enjoy tentacle rape and demon possession.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
I don't think I've heard of JAST do they only release PC games or do they release stuff on game systems too?

Just PC and they've been around for a long time. I remember playing their games when I was a teen and I'm 31 now. I think they said at their panel they've been active for 14 years now.

And yeah, they haven't announced anything I'd be interested in buying. Some of their older titles were fun, but lately they've been picking up a lot of really dark titles. They make for good anime, but I find them too tedious to bother playing.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
puppy1843e

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:18 am Reply with quote
Now excuse me while I go squeal Embarassed
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Finny-chan wrote:

Just PC and they've been around for a long time. I remember playing their games when I was a teen and I'm 31 now. I think they said at their panel they've been active for 14 years now.

And yeah, they haven't announced anything I'd be interested in buying. Some of their older titles were fun, but lately they've been picking up a lot of really dark titles. They make for good anime, but I find them too tedious to bother playing.

Emerje

Ok, but what kind of payment system do they use?

So are these downloadable only or do they sell hard copies of their games?

Sorry for asking so many questions -___-
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:46 am Reply with quote
JAST is kinda the eroge arm of www.jlist.com

They accept pretty much anything I believe, but they have a real store front. They also do both direct download and hard copy releases.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:20 am Reply with quote
OHMYF***INGGOD!!!!

Razz Razz Razz

So I take it that Demonbane was a success? Let's hope that Nitro+ doesn't take their time with the game engine this time like they did with Demonbane, because many of these have completed fan translations and could be released really fast.

I have already played Saya no Uta, Kikokugai and Seinarukana, and I'm currently playing Starless. The rest are ranked pretty high on my backlog.

Saya no Uta and Kikokugai are really solid short stories and I recommend getting them if you like dark stories and JAST prices them according to their lenght.

Seinarukana is a decent JRPG. I really liked the gameplay (one of my favourite battle systems), thought it was kind of broken at some points (like Narukana on first play trough (she could easily beat half the level and last boss by herself)). The plot had room for improvement, but it was pretty good for JRPG.

I haven't gotten that far in Starless, but it seems to shaping to be my favourite nukige (which isn't really that hard considering that I haven't liked any of the nukige I have tried before). If you like femdom and don't mind some strange fetishes, this could be the game for you.

Oh, and just as reminder for those not familiar with Nitro+ games. Saya no Uta, Kikokugai and Django are written by Urobuchi Gen, the man behind Madoka, Fate/Zero and Phantom.

Finny-chan wrote:
So are these downloadable only or do they sell hard copies of their games?

They usually release hard copy first and download later.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quote
more games mean they must be doing good, well maybe, but all I want is for them to finish working on School Days HQ, that is the only title I am waiting for, and now it looks like I will have to wait until the first part of 2012 to get it.

well that and my girlfriend is the president has peaked my interest
Temuthril

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:44 am Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Also don't tell me they only accept credit cards like that one site that has those Higurashi and a handful Ero novels. I wonder why they won't get a pay-pal option for that site anyways?
Because PayPal has a policy of not working with adult products.
Elisian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:06 am Reply with quote
This is probably the most exciting news out of Expo so far! I hope it really happens!
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:19 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to Outlaw Django, and maybe Sumaga and Saya no Uta. I I already have "My Girlfriend is the President" on pre-order.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:39 am Reply with quote
This and school days hq are a must buy, good work jastusa.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Minatsu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:46 am Reply with quote
Really, really, really hope they get Starry Sky. I want those games so badly!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2