• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Shootfighter Tekken DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:04 am Reply with quote
hmm... never even heard of it.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I have to assume that this anime is no relation to that video game I hate of the same "Tekken" name.

>_>

<_<

Soul Calibur 2 forever!
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:24 am Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
I have to assume that this anime is no relation to that video game I hate of the same "Tekken" name.

>_>

<_<

Soul Calibur 2 forever!

Tekken is the fighting god game among mens, that's only if you have friends to compete against. Nothing's more brutal than countering a friend's finishing move and turning the tide of the fight.

Shootfighter Tekken (sound kinda similar to streetfighter tekken)
Proman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
Soul Calibur 2 forever!

Tekken and Soul Calibur are made by the same company (Namco). Both are very fine fighting games in their own right.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Strange. There's hardly any information about this title in The Encylopedia. A friend of mine might like it though since he's obsessed with pro wrestling.

By the way, Capcom will always be #1. I will kill you in Capcom vs. SNK 2 (with or without an EX Groove).
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Strange. There's hardly any information about this title in The Encylopedia. A friend of mine might like it though since he's obsessed with pro wrestling.

By the way, Capcom will always be #1. I will kill you in Capcom vs. SNK 2 (with or without an EX Groove).

Capcom never inovates anymore. The last game I played by them was Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and while good, it isn't anything new. Lately therir games have been sucking too.Tekken is probobly the best overall fighter in the 3-D market, but Virtua Fighter 4 takes the cake in terms of modes to play in. Hopefully 5 will have something to compete with Quest mode.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
Capcom never inovates anymore. The last game I played by them was Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and while good, it isn't anything new. Lately therir games have been sucking too.Tekken is probobly the best overall fighter in the 3-D market, but Virtua Fighter 4 takes the cake in terms of modes to play in. Hopefully 5 will have something to compete with Quest mode.

I don't like MVC2. Although I like all of the Marvel characters, the combo system thing is too tiresome to remember. I prefer 2-D fighters, though I used to be quite good at Tekken 3 with Lei. Mortal Kombat was also fun for a while until part 3 came out.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Yea, I still like Streetfighter 2 the best of all. What can I say...
Tekken 4 is alot better than 3. They balanced the characters more (Jin is still pretty powerful), gave everyone counters, and constructed the stages so that its hard to do any cheap slides.
And whats with the new avatar? Aoshi need a vacation?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:

I had to reformat my computer (again), and I lost all 108 of my Aoshi avatars. Until I can make them again, this is Hotsuma from Shinobi for PS2. Another cool character, but a bit nicer in personality than Aoshi. Looks stylish and has great skills though.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Kagemusha wrote:

I had to reformat my computer (again), and I lost all 108 of my Aoshi avatars. Until I can make them again, this is Hotsuma from Shinobi for PS2. Another cool character, but a bit nicer in personality than Aoshi. Looks stylish and has great skills though.

Wow, 108 huh? I've also decided to stop using characters from Blade of the Immortal (at least until I find a half decent Giichi one).
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:28 am Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
Tekken 4 is alot better than 3. They balanced the characters more (Jin is still pretty powerful), gave everyone counters, and constructed the stages so that its hard to do any cheap slides.

Yeah, but it can't hold a candle with Virtua Fighter 4. Tekken 5 should be good, though, once it comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
XCTU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:37 am Reply with quote
Umm...Tekken 5 IS out...i've been playing it for a week.

And there's no fighting game better than another, its all opinion anyways, theres no way anyones mind is gonna change cause someone else said that they like capcom games better than namco games for example.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1