• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Berserk Anime Film's Title Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's excellent. I'd say this confirms several things:
-They're just rebooting the series entirely instead of trying to pick up after the TV series
-They're going to skip right to Golden Age or at least not give much time to the Black Swordsman arc
-They aren't going to try and cram the entire Golden Age arc into one movie

This is all excellent news.
OPR8R

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote
This is quite good news. I dunno how I feel about a reboot, but I'll take it, at this point: it's been forever.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Ok, this is cool so there will be more than 1 movie. Hmm...Golden Age Arc 1 makes me think they might be splitting up the Golden Age Arc maybe? Or will it be Golden Age Arc 1 then Black Swordsman Arc 2? Still great news, it does not sound like they are trying to cram all the volumes into 1 movie then.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote
Awesome news!
keikanna44

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
I'm happy but I was looking forward to seeing what happens after the TV series storyline. Looking forward to it anyway! Very Happy
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
I guess that explains the Guts figma that was just previewed.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:34 am Reply with quote
i expected this, picking up after the tv series would be impossible since they mess up from episode one, they took out the most important background character from the show, puck the fairy.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote
I hope that the original seiyuu cast are reprising their roles. I mean that they were perfect for their roles so i don't see a reason to recast them.
Ifrit30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:20 am Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
I hope that the original seiyuu cast are reprising their roles. I mean that they were perfect for their roles so i don't see a reason to recast them.

yeah that's right, especially Nobutoshi Canna as Guts was amazing, I still hear his voice when I read the manga.

The title sounds promising, not that they would cover several volumes in one movie.
Zepwich

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:51 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing they will cover up until~

spoiler[Guts has his second duel with Griffith and leaves the Hawks. The next film will cover the rescue of Griffith and the Eclipse.]
JuicyB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I would have preferred if they had picked up where the TV series left off. Berserk TV was pretty much perfect imo.
nechronius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
I would have preferred if they had picked up where the TV series left off. Berserk TV was pretty much perfect imo.

Some people might take umbrage with your comment, as the TV series did leave out or change some key elements from the manga. Granted, those elements were not as important if the plan was for the series to end where it did, but those who have a farther perspective of the manga's story would probably prefer a more faithful retelling. I'm in the "manga" camp myself but still do appreciate the anime for what it attempted to accomplish.

Carnage. And for that I am grateful.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote
nechronius wrote:
Some people might take umbrage with your comment, as the TV series did leave out or change some key elements from the manga. Granted, those elements were not as important if the plan was for the series to end where it did, but those who have a farther perspective of the manga's story would probably prefer a more faithful retelling. I'm in the "manga" camp myself but still do appreciate the anime for what it attempted to accomplish.

Carnage. And for that I am grateful.

Agreed. I absolutely love the original anime and I actually like that they cut out the parts that they did. I think it works better as a standalone story as a result since they'd have never really done much with these elements anyway. That said, this doesn't exactly lend itself to a continuation.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping it would be about the Millennium arc, but this could be good too i suppose.
Dangerr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote
While I'm certainly thrilled that they're not going to try doing the entire Golden Age arc in one movie, I'm still concerned over how they're going to handle the Black Swordsman arc, as it is -necessary- for Puck's introduction, how Guts acquires the Behelit he carries to this day, and the simple fact that it works better as a prologue to the series rather than just starting in chronological order from the beginning of the Golden Age.

Still, I'm happy with this news.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2