• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discontinued DVDs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Bandai discontinued that Gundam Movie Collection pretty quick, glad i picked it up now Smile
vherub

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Considering the nature of the requiem box (a disc only holder) I wonder if Geneon is considering a different boxset design that would accomodate the other three dvds.

The box is of a pleasing matte coating, but the notion of future volumes being incompatible with the box is not so pleasing.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Now, here's what I don't get. There are two Gundam movie box sets out there. There's the UC Movie Pack and the Gundam 0079 Movie Trilogy box. Seeing as how the UC Pack's out (and has been out for less than a month, I might add...still pretty new), discontinuing the base trilogy would make a lot more sense. But then the link from the report goes to the UC Pack (which in itself - no offense to the ANN staff - isn't quite reliable; the Azumanga DVD reviews link to the Very Short Movie, for example, and links from news articles to Encyclopedia entries rather often lead to the wrong incarnation of the show in question...).

So which one is it specifically? Or (hopefully not, but) is it both box sets?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote
vherub wrote:
Considering the nature of the requiem box (a disc only holder) I wonder if Geneon is considering a different boxset design that would accomodate the other three dvds.

The box is of a pleasing matte coating, but the notion of future volumes being incompatible with the box is not so pleasing.

So what exactly does the box look like? Is it one of those brick collection type boxes where it's one big case that only holds the discs, like R.O.D. the TV?

Deep Discount DVD is selling it (Requiem Vol.1 + box) for about $18, and if it's being discontinued, I might get it, but that will vary on what the box is actually like, first.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:14 pm Reply with quote
It's definetly like the R.O.D. box... although for $18, that's not a bad deal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
vherub

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:32 pm Reply with quote
true, its like the ROD design, but it is housed in a slipcase and the overall bulk (width) is about the same as 1 and 1/2 dvd cases. The back also has spot uv. Overall the artwork is solid, but whle the matte looks nice, such coating does scuff easily.
I still recommend it- all the more at the pricepoint of $18 (and as a discontinued collector's item)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1