• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otakon to Host Final Fantasy Composer Nobuo Uematsu

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Lucky Otakon attendees. Well, I already got to see him at Anime Boston (and got to see him perform with the Video Game Orchestra) so at least I don't have to regret missing Otakon, but he's still a great guest to see.
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
totally worth it. Not only for charity but to get an autograph from the person that wrote the music for all my favorite games.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I think that's an even bigger grab than Miku. Otakon really has become a force to be reckoned with.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:10 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Wow. I think that's an even bigger grab than Miku. Otakon really has become a force to be reckoned with.

Well, for one, he's real and could actually sign you autographs. Laughing
FaytLein

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quote
Well, I know where my first twenty will be spent at Otakon. The man is crazy talented, its just a shame he and Square parted ways. Mitsuda is great too, but nothing tops the king!
gothung

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Well, for one, he's real and could actually sign you autographs. Laughing

Lol. You guys have good points, but it's kinda hard to really compare Miku and Uematsu. Both are awesome in different ways.

Uematsu creates awesome music. He's been on the west coast recently for Distant Worlds/Dear Friends/More Friends, so he's due to pay the east coast fans a visit.

Miku is awesome for fanboy reasons, as well as having darn interesting technology during the Mikunopolis concert. Love or hate Miku, you have to give her dues for getting someone to push the technology further and figuring out a way to display her onstage like that. If it goes mainstream, it'll make for very interesting anime/movies/video games. Probably revolutionize adult content too.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I hope someone brings an accordion so that they can play the Final Fantasy I shop theme while Uematsu signs autographs. Very Happy
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote
gothung wrote:

Miku is awesome for fanboy reasons, as well as having darn interesting technology during the Mikunopolis concert. Love or hate Miku, you have to give her dues for getting someone to push the technology further

I have friends who are gung-ho about the Vocaloid technology. They just detest the "other things." Laughing
ITTOU RYOUDAN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
So to people who are getting something signed: What are you going to get signed? I'm still stuck between my copies of Lost Odyssey and FF9.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1