• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Idolm@ster 2 Game to Be Ported to PlayStation 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bastille

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, there goes yet another reason why the 360 managed to sell as much as it did in Japan. Shouldn't been surprised though given Namco Bandai and their release policy.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
Bamco is known to stab backs on a consistent basis...such as Vesperia & Graces. So not a big surprise to me. I mean, the iDOLM@STER has been goin' to DS & PSP...so it's about time PS3 gets a port.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote
alot of companies are starting to realize that microsoft is not really their friend, kind of like what happened with nintendo in the N64 days
alas, if it's not on PC or dreamcast I dont purchase console games anymore though I do have a wii
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:07 am Reply with quote
Freakmasta wrote:
Bamco is known to stab backs on a consistent basis...such as Vesperia & Graces. So not a big surprise to me. I mean, the iDOLM@STER has been goin' to DS & PSP...so it's about time PS3 gets a port.

It's nice of you to ignore the Tekken, and Ace Combat betrayalthons Scamco did to Sony, lol.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:51 am Reply with quote
Well SPECIFICALLY Tales games are gettin' the betrayal treatment right now. Vesperia was SPECIFICALLY a 360 exclusive yet one year later, they drop a better ver. on PS3. Same can be said about Graces which was another exclusive Tales game.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
well a lot of game are getting enhanced port. Don't forget Mass Effect 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 (now on PS3 as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2) are on the PS3, now Nintendo is also losing one of their exclusive, Goldeneye 007, it's now being ported to PS3 and 360 as Goldeneye 007 Reloaded.

Sadly, I know Idolmaster hasn't gotten a US release yet (well the news of the Idolmaster anime getting on CR stream was good news), but if Sony and Namco Bandai can release this game in US on the PSN with a demo (not on disc) and sub only, maybe it can sell well. You really don't need dub for this (look at the Yakuza series not counting the first one), and you don't need a disc release for it (I know some of the game on disc is also avaliable on PSN as digital download like Mass Effect 2, Infamous, Borderlands and full game that doesn't have disc release like Record of Agarest War). So why not try this, what's the risk of putting this on US PSN with no dub, just sub? If it doesn't sell well, Namco Bandai and Sony did their best. Maybe the Idolmaster anime could help make the decision to buy the idolmaster game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anymouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:44 pm Reply with quote
A PC version please! Still nice to hear this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1