• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: London Anime Con July 30 and 31.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Putting aside the somewhat concerning things I've heard about the guy running Anime League (although there is a distinct lack of any "about us" page on the site) their guests are a Japanese culture expert (fine), a bunch of screen names and.. an indie British animator who doesn't seem to have any anime connection whatsoever - he even has a video which says "I will be hosting a Q&A panel at the London Anime Con (because I totally make anime)".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Note that that this event is concurrent with the Manchester MCM Expo. It concerns me that promotional material for the latter is dwarfed by that of the former, given which one I've booked tickets for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fudce

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:53 am Reply with quote
If there's one thing the Anime League are good at, it's putting out press releases bigging up their events. I wouldn't attend any of their events since it's them though.
IchiroFox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Putting aside the somewhat concerning things I've heard about the guy running Anime League

Quote:
I wouldn't attend any of their events since it's them though.

Could somebody fill me in? Confused
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I've seen a lot of ill feelings and scuttlebutt, but one thing I do know for certain is that he is banned from the MCM Expos.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1