• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Revoltech Kenshiro: Ken's Rage Version

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
The "Hokuto Ujou Moshou Ha!!" looks like a big ball of phlegm (or something much worse) to me, but it's still pretty cool. I have to say that the "Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken!! A-tatata!" is awesome. While I appreciate the variety of hand poses and faces that most battle action figures come with, I haven't seen too many with actual attack effects. Snazzy.

The last picture made me laugh. Epic!
GVman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Must... buy...

And that very last pic was glorious. Utterly glorious.

In other news, though, I actually quite liked Ken's Rage a lot. I'm even tempted to say it was my GotY for last year. Granted, Dynasty Warriors games aren't exactly for everyone.
RiskyTheShinigami

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:09 am Reply with quote
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:47 am Reply with quote
I really, REALLY want to make the jump into the HnK Revoltech line, but I just haven't seen them going at prices I feel comfortable with. And the Musou Ken version looks utterly badass, I would love to get that one and the Rei version, if only to see if I could replicate the "Tiger Destroying Dragon" scene from the anime. I just know my OCD would make me get EVERY single variant, and my poor wallet might not like that.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:41 am Reply with quote
To me, it looks like Ken just got caught in something sticky and gooey and he's shouting, "Get it off! Get it off!" Especially the one with the tons of fists; it looks like he's getting swarmed by them.
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:47 am Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
I really, REALLY want to make the jump into the HnK Revoltech line, but I just haven't seen them going at prices I feel comfortable with. And the Musou Ken version looks utterly badass, I would love to get that one and the Rei version, if only to see if I could replicate the "Tiger Destroying Dragon" scene from the anime. I just know my OCD would make me get EVERY single variant, and my poor wallet might not like that.

Likewise. When this line first started running (long before I had this column, when I was in "retirement" from anime figures aside from big-ticket Chogokin releases) I made exceptions to buy Ken and Rei. Then I was thinking "how could I not get the rest of the Hokuto brothers? What about Souther?" And basically, I was already mentally planning to buy every single figure. I had to cut myself off.

Oh, and about Ken's Rage: I really like Dream Mode, which is just regular DW with the big map, but the main (Legend) mode is just terrible. Overlong stages, terrible map design, total slog. I'm fine with the core engine and fighting system: it's basically how HnK the Videogame should play.
williamflipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Ken's Rage is the main reason why I bought the PS3 few months ago, Blu-ray the second.
GVman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I agree with you pretty much per verbatim with your complaints about Legend Mode. I also have to say that the story innacuracies in Legend Mode bothered me, too. Once I finished running through everyone's Legend Mode I never went back.

It's also too bad that we didn't get to see what the original story ideas were. Toei made Koei change Dream Mode several times because of various rules they had, like "Kenshiro cannot be evil," or "Kenshiro cannot die.".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1