• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi Gets 2nd TV Anime Season Green-Lit

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote
BL fans win again. Razz
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:24 am Reply with quote
Let's jump on the Junjou Romantica bandwagon...
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:29 am Reply with quote
This is my favorite coincidence of the week: Watching Sekai and then getting this news!

Hopefully we won't get 5 more damn plot lines added in this round.
Otherwise I'm quite excited.
smilewolfy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:11 am Reply with quote
Racheldoublemm wrote:
This is my favorite coincidence of the week: Watching Sekai and then getting this news!

OMG!!! Me too, kind of Very Happy i was watching an amv of this when reafing the news Very Happy my only yaoi anime i watch, since it doesnt go too far Smile im hoping it just focuses more on the cureent relationships too, i wouldnt mind if ONE more couple was introduced, with the only guy from the main team not having focus yet, but, im hyped all the way for season 2 Anime smile
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:59 am Reply with quote
Whoo! Not surprised but happy nonethless. So, when's it starting? =)
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote
Yep, not surprised at all! Can't wait!
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
Awesome, more sexual assault?
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I knew it would happened! Laughing
So not only will Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi receive a second season, but Shungiku Nakamura's other manga Hybrid Child (which I've always wanted to read) will have its own anime as well (preferably an OVA)!!

But I have three questions:
1) When will vol. 13 & 14 of Junjo Romantica hit the U.S?
2) When can I pre-order season 1 of Sekai-Ichi?
3) Will Studio Deen take in Hybrid Child as it did for the previous two?
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:

1) Never, unless DMP or another company relicenses the series. BLU was part of Tokyopop, who closed at the end of May.
2) When it's announced.
3) I don't know. If the news article doesn't say, then it's probably not been listed yet.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
YAAAAAAAAAY!
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Keichitsu0305 wrote:

1) Never, unless DMP or another company relicenses the series. BLU was part of Tokyopop, who closed at the end of May.
2) When it's announced.
3) I don't know. If the news article doesn't say, then it's probably not been listed yet.

1) Crying or Very sad Darn it...so much for completing my Junjo collection. >_>
2) Smile Well, at least I can save enough money until it's released.
3) Smile Hopefully Studio Deen will do it. I have no complaints if anyone else does it.

Huh, two of of three isn't so bad! ^___^
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
So not only will Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi receive a second season, but Shungiku Nakamura's other manga Hybrid Child (which I've always wanted to read) will have its own anime as well (preferably an OVA)!!
Please do check out Hybrid Child as it's quite good. I think it's better than Junjou Romantica-- more nuanced & emotionally "real," and less "guy still spazzing out the bazillionth time his boyfriend comes on to him."* Not to mention it's just a single volume-- you have very little to lose.

Anyway, wow-- a Hybrid Child anime? I see the katakana says "anime" but does it differentiate between TV series and OVAs? Because I'm not sure how they'd get a 12 or so episode series out of HC as it's made up of 3 shorter stories that are only indirectly related. If you've read the book you'll know what I mean-- unlike the multiple stories/couples in Junjou Romantica & Sekai-ichi, HC's stories aren't chronologically concurrent. Would they split it up into three 4-episode arcs? To me, making three 45-minute OVAs makes more sense-- but if we get a full series I sure won't complain. Anime smile

Oh, almost forgot-- happy to see more Sekai-ichi coming our way, though I was totally expecting it.

*[Not that I wasn't still reading JR at what, 12 volumes before Tokyopop blew it? But there's a reason it wasn't at the top of my list of lamented late BLU titles...]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fencer_x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote
smilewolfy wrote:
Racheldoublemm wrote:

OMG!!! Me too, kind of Very Happy i was watching an amv of this when reafing the news Very Happy my only yaoi anime i watch, since it doesnt go too far Smile im hoping it just focuses more on the cureent relationships too, i wouldnt mind if ONE more couple was introduced, with the only guy from the main team not having focus yet, but, im hyped all the way for season 2 Anime smile

Have you not read the manga? Of course there won't be any more couples--Nakamura's stuff tends to focus on 3 couples: a main one (Usami/Misaki in Junjou, Takano/Ritsu in Sekai-ichi) and two lesser ones (Nowaki/Hiro and Miyagi/Shinobu in JR, Hatori/Chiaki and Yukina/Kisa in SH)

She's pretty formulaic like that Smile And there's a LOT of good story that hasn't made it into anime format for either series, too, so lots to look forward to.
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:

Have you not read the manga? Of course there won't be any more couples--Nakamura's stuff tends to focus on 3 couples: a main one (Usami/Misaki in Junjou, Takano/Ritsu in Sekai-ichi) and two lesser ones (Nowaki/Hiro and Miyagi/Shinobu in JR, Hatori/Chiaki and Yukina/Kisa in SH)

She's pretty formulaic like that Smile And there's a LOT of good story that hasn't made it into anime format for either series, too, so lots to look forward to.

I've read Sekai and noticed the heavy concentration on Kisa&Yukina and Ritsu&Takano. I actually missed the feature of Hatori and Chiaki so when the anime suddenly went to their plot I was rather confused. (and they're also my least favorite couple out of Nakamura's entire plethora of characters)

I've never really liked the triplet formula that Nakamura takes. It's as if right when things become interesting for one couple she feels the need to bring in another. It feels like procrastination to me, but that's just my beef with it. Sekai really does have a lot of good story that hasn't made it into the anime but with all the mix matchy focus it's no wonder why!

Chiaki and Hatori seem like really useless characters to me...
I think that if there was in place of them, a story arch between Yokozawa and someone much later on it would be great! However, that'll never happen.

tl:dr I don't like Chiaki and Hatori at all; Completely irrelevant opinion post.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Please do check out Hybrid Child as it's quite good. I think it's better than Junjou Romantica-- more nuanced & emotionally "real," and less "guy still spazzing out the bazillionth time his boyfriend comes on to him."* Not to mention it's just a single volume-- you have very little to lose.

Anyway, wow-- a Hybrid Child anime? I see the katakana says "anime" but does it differentiate between TV series and OVAs? Because I'm not sure how they'd get a 12 or so episode series out of HC as it's made up of 3 shorter stories that are only indirectly related. If you've read the book you'll know what I mean-- unlike the multiple stories/couples in Junjou Romantica & Sekai-ichi, HC's stories aren't chronologically concurrent. Would they split it up into three 4-episode arcs? To me, making three 45-minute OVAs makes more sense-- but if we get a full series I sure won't complain. Anime smile

Oh, almost forgot-- happy to see more Sekai-ichi coming our way, though I was totally expecting it.

*[Not that I wasn't still reading JR at what, 12 volumes before Tokyopop blew it? But there's a reason it wasn't at the top of my list of lamented late BLU titles...]

Ah man!! Now I want to read the Hybrid manga more than ever! Lucky, I found a copy on Rightstuf so I'll definitely buy it!! Too bad it's only one volume though. Maybe if the OVA or series is popular enough, Nakamura-san might write a sequel!!! \(^O^)/

But I understand how annoying it can be when Misaki has his tsundere moments and yet he's my second favorite character (Hiroki is my favorite; Ritsu is third).
I like some realism in my BL but I also enjoy the silly, over-the-top moments as well. I shall not be disappointed! Very Happy And yes Tokyopop did screwed up but, hopefully, DMP will pick up the final Junjo volumes and the new volumes of Sekaiichi~

To Racheldoublemm: Hatori and Chiaki are my least favorite as well as the Terrorist couple; maybe Nakamura should try a two couple formula.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2