• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny Cut By BBFC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
From what I figure, those 22 seconds are the credits.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear, importing it is then.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
My god... So immature and ridiculous decision! Mad
broken-serenity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
big deal the extra episodes are crap anyway so its not like your gonna miss anything of note.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Oh dear, importing it is then.

There's no FAQ specifically dealing with importing discs containing material that has been refused classification, but bear the following in mind:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/faqs/2010/05/can-we-bring-back-videos-from-abroad-that-are-not-currently-classified/

Quote:
Although it is not a Customs offence to import an unclassified video or DVD, it must be for your personal use only and the content must not breach the prohibition on the importation of indecent and obscene material which reflects other UK laws (eg the Obscene Publications Acts 1959 and 1964, the Protection of Children Act 1978).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:18 am Reply with quote
That'll be the special in the hot springs then with Koumei poking everyone breasts and comparing them. Wink
aeris2001x2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:15 am Reply with quote
Had never heard of this Anime before, but thanks to this cut I have now downloaded it and will buy it if its good. Way to go bbfc for the free publicity!
DrewHLMW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote
why is it cut if Manga Entertainment can get Strike Witches and Dance in the Vampire Bund passed uncut, that makes no sense?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
The same reason Human Centipede was passed uncut but the sequel was denied classification. The content is different.

As a reminder, this is a three minute DVD special with no relevance to the show itself. If it hadn't been brought up it probably wouldn't even have been missed by anyone who doesn't already have the US or Japanese version or without carefully comparing the extras lists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
The same reason Human Centipede was passed
As a reminder, this is a three minute DVD special with no relevance to the show itself. If it hadn't been brought up it probably wouldn't even have been missed by anyone who doesn't already have the US or Japanese version or without carefully comparing the extras lists.

Well any fans of the show would know what specials were included in the original Japanese release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1