• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga UK Updates

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
[quote="yurihellsing"]
Conan-san wrote:
Fudce wrote:
At the end of the day, stop
Yes, I'm not delusional.

It's been argued to death and back and there just is no link between the two.

also you must be delusional cause you seem to be unable to tell the difference between fantasy and reality.
Yes, because liking fantasy pictures of nude underage girls is ok?

I'm sure the press takes that same tract of thought.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Let me guess you still think playing violent video games makes people want to kill right?
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:
Let me guess you still think playing violent video games makes people want to kill right?
No, but I'd like to think people making video games would make video games that had something beyond "It has gore in it".
And before anyone jumps me, Mortal Kombat does have something besides the gore so don't get any cute ideas.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
yurihellsing wrote:
No, but I'd like to think people making video games would make video games that had something beyond "It has gore in it".
And before anyone jumps me, Mortal Kombat does have something besides the gore so don't get any cute ideas.

as i've said it's been argued to death and back in many forums and the most common conclusion is there is no connection between the two and you're just beating a dead horse.

see http://www.sankakucomplex.com/forums/topic.php?id=5084
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I'm aware there's no link, but I'm also aware that the Media thinks otherwise and to think otherwise is fallacy.
ReaKon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Oh, I'm aware there's no link, but I'm also aware that the Media thinks otherwise and to think otherwise is fallacy.

The media only think otherwise because they know that they can anger the readers who are ignorant about anime/mange. Some of the petty stuff the media comes up with just makes me think they are targetting the cynical minded people of the UK (which seems to be a lot, especially when it comes to politics).

As for the releases in the UK/US. If there is something you want that isn't being released over here, just buy them online from the US. I don't think that it would be much more expensive if you shop around (although don't hold me to that), and multi-region dvd players are inexpensive. I understand that people like to support the industry in their own country but if they are not releasing something you want, then you are not going to be able to support it anyway. Apologies if I have missed the point of the argument here.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:10 am Reply with quote
The Kenichi delay is "contractual"
https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/98765146532495360
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
The Kenichi delay is "contractual"
https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/98765146532495360
I'm sure. From the same twitter that gave you "Dood, you know the audio problem for Huarhi, right?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2