• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The encyclopedia could use having info on anime edits?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I know a handful of anime are edited. There are occasional news about the edits made on anime in this site, but there doesn't seem to a place here that has comprehensive info on on all anime that suffer edits and/or cuts. So my suggestion is that the encyclopedia here add info about the edits/cuts if the anime has one, or they could make a new section made for it.

Well, I really need a website that has info on anime edits. I once came across a good one, but I forgot to write down it's address. Unfortunately, this site doesn't (but might in the future) info about edits/cuts on anime, so can someone recommend me one?

I'll also need one that has info on cuts or edits on manga. Although manga are less targeted by edits and cuts, there are still some that get it.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:21 pm Reply with quote
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Rem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh thanks, but does Kyle Pope's edit list only include edits by Cartoon Network on anime being showed in their station?

I was looking for one that has info on anime edits not only on TV broadcasting, but the unfortunate videos or DVDs that are still cut. Example would include Robotech, Battle of the Planets, etc.

Since this site still need to update their info on manga. I still need a website that has info on cuts or edits on manga. Although manga are less targeted by edits and cuts, there are still a handful that get it. i just have to be sure I don't accidentally purchase one that has been cut up or edited.
Rem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Anime Prime is quite good. Is that the most detailed one or are there others? I'd like to have an alternate too since some websites update too slow or might disappear.

I still need a website then that deals with manga cuts and/or edits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1