• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Upcoming Geneon DVD Releases

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Alright! I've wanted to check out Tenjou Tenge ever since it came out. I've read up on some of the background info on various sites and it sounds pretty cool. Hm.. 3 martial arts anime to start collecting in 2005: Champloo, Otogizoushi, and now Tenjou Tenge. This will be a good year for anime (for me anyway Razz).
Vance1982

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Personally, i can't wait for Kyou Kara Maou!. More bishie anime! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Alright! I've wanted to check out Tenjou Tenge ever since it came out. I've read up on some of the background info on various sites and it sounds pretty cool. Hm.. 3 martial arts anime to start collecting in 2005: Champloo, Otogizoushi, and now Tenjou Tenge. This will be a good year for anime (for me anyway Razz).

Like how Berserk anime suck compare to the manga, TenTen's suck when compare to the manga. It's just too tone down and you could of been so much more.
kyuu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Vance1982 wrote:
Personally, i can't wait for Kyou Kara Maou!. More bishie anime!

I tend to agree. KKM has done quite well in being a bit of a different kind of comedy, not to mention quite a bit weird. It's not a five star series, probably not even four, but for fans of bishounen and some refreshing comedy, it'll work.

Too bad they don't have a boxed version available though. On the other hand, pricing looks good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:02 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Like how Berserk anime suck compare to the manga, TenTen's suck when compare to the manga. It's just too tone down and you could of been so much more.

Well I've read a little of Berserk and yes, it's very violent, and I hear TenTen has a lot of it's own violence, fanservice, and questionable stuff as well. Not that I mind any of that, but like a lot of manga, it's only expected when making the transition to anime.

I just try to like anime for what it is, regardless of whether or not they acutally follow the manga as close as possible or as much as fans think it should. Guess I'll just have to wait and see..
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Considering the manga isn't all that great to begin with, I'll probobly avoid this. The manga has tons of flaws, but the stunning art and fairly well composed fights are enough to keep me reading.
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:21 am Reply with quote
ANN seems to be the ultimate online source for information on upcoming anime, whether its domedtic here in the U.S. or in Japan. But why is it that some of these companies who distribute anime DVD's such as Geneon, Funimation, AnimEigo.

It seems like the only company sites that keep their news pages updated are ADV Films and Bandai Entertainment yet they continue to forward their DVD release dates to sites such as Anime News Network.

I'd like to know why these companies abandon their websites yet we can find their release dates other sites?
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, Kyou Kara Maou! I've heard so much about it, but was never able to find any downloads . . . I'm definitely going to buy the first DVD . . . then I'll see how much I like it. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1