• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Suspect Apprehended for Taking Upskirt Video at Comiket

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like that scene from Genshiken.

BTW:
"Tokyo Big Sight is located on the artificial island of Odaiba."

Not quite, Big Sight is in the Arake 3 neighborhood of Koto-ku which is relatively close to the Odaiba area in Minato-ko.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Damn, now I gotta wait even longer for this video to come out.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding. He's just conducting on-site research for an upcoming anime. Y'know how anime likes to make things as authentic as possible - the animators need those unsuspecting worm's eye point-of-view shots; they need a lot of 'em, as many perspectives as possible! Laughing
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, yet another moron making fans look like mouthbreathing perverts. Hopefully this kind of thing isn't a super rampant thing, and getting caught will maybe stop others from attempting?

I wish
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding.
Quote:
Comic Market has rules prohibiting people from taking photographs of cosplayers except in the designated areas and with permission.

My Japanese is non-existent, so I will take most of Google's word for it, but it sounds like they were in such an area and had permission. Just maybe without knowledge of where all the cameras were taking pictures from.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
My Japanese is non-existent, so I will take most of Google's word for it, but it sounds like they were in such an area and had permission. Just maybe without knowledge of where all the cameras were taking pictures from.

I don't think so. These were booth models so they're not at designated cosplay area. I'm pretty sure that if they took pics but without the hidden camera, even if say, by crouching or lying down, in the cosplay areas outside for example, they would not be in trouble.
Jadress

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
Sadly, mouth-breathing perverts are everywhere. Just at Otakuthon in Montreal this past weekend my husband spotted some guys shooting pictures/video every time this gal in a short Eureka 7 outfit bent over. Come on, people!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1