• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Digital Version of Sci-Fi Manga Masterpiece Neon Genesis Evangelion Launces on VIZManga.com and

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote
It's taking a long time, but I feel we are finally getting closer to the manga industry being competitive with pirates. If VIZ can't do it, I don't know who can.

I hope this succeeds. I'm not a manga reader myself, but any effort for companies to provide a quality legal product beside pirated versions is supported by me.

I have friends that still watch Naruto and Bleach fansubs even though there are good legal means to support those series. I don't get that mentality.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, that explains why they haven't been reprinting the older volumes!
_V_

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Well that's actually a bargain considering that for the physical books, there are 12 volumes at $10 each, and volume 9 hasn't been in print for a long time.
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Well, that explains why they haven't been reprinting the older volumes!

It all makes sense! Completely forget the people who buy the actual books, because spending $800 on an iPad, then $4-$5 on a digital copy of the book you were GOING to buy had the damn thing actually been in print for longer than an hour is an acceptable business model.

I feel for you, Eva-manga fans. it's been an absolute pain in the neck trying to find Pokemon Adventures vol. 1. Rare single volume syndrome sucks, but volume ONE?!

I did find an Evangelion vol. 9 at a local store, but the person I got it for seems to think it's ok to not pay for it until they can find volume 10.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1