• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Rurouni Kenshin to Be 2-Part Shin Kyoto Video Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plague1ftw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:20 am Reply with quote
Oh, they re-do the Kyoto arc. Indeed a let-down. I was hoping for the final arc Sad

Last edited by plague1ftw on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
xScar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
...and another let down. I really dislike all these 'new anime projects' for series and then it being revealed they are just going to REDO what has already been DONE.

I'm glad Furuhashi is still on this, but they should stick him on the new HxH again instead Sad
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quote
I'm really disappointed. Kyoto already got a pretty faithful adaptation with the TV series.

Whereas the Jinchuu/Revenge Arc remains unadapted. Do these execs even know what RK fans want?
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:37 am Reply with quote
So, they're animating a compressed version of the arc that was already done justice in the TV series.

My god, it's like its own punchline.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote
ok....i feel like I waited for nothing...
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 am Reply with quote
That's really too bad. I like the Kyoto arc as is, and was really hoping for a legit "part 3"--although with some paring down of the completely obvious Marvel-based characters (the only part I didn't like). I'll still definitely watch this though, but I will miss Saito's VA, my favorite character.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:06 am Reply with quote
Disappointing. Besides, it's a giant arc. How the heck are they going to do it justice in two episodes?
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Disappointing. Besides, it's a giant arc. How the heck are they going to do it justice in two episodes?

That's what I'm really worried about. The tv arc is about 700 minutes. How long will 2 OAVs be? 120 minutes? Maybe 180 at most? That's a hell of a lot of compression...
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote
I've been holding off on watching Rurouni Kenshin again (as I only watched bits and pieces of it on Toonami) since I heard the third arc sucked and the story was incomplete.... This does nothing for me.[/i]
The American Average

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote
Well crap guess I'll have to wait like another ten years before the revenge arc comes out.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quote
Dang it, i wanted the final arc!
chronos02

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That's what I'm really worried about. The tv arc is about 700 minutes. How long will 2 OAVs be? 120 minutes? Maybe 180 at most? That's a hell of a lot of compression...

It seems you didn't pay much attention to the article, it's written the remake will consist on two movies, not OAVs. And besides, who said the two movies can't be 180+ minutes long? I don't believe studio Deen and the new staff are stupid enough to sink this project just because the length the original series had was ~700 min, besides, the original series had lots of unnecessary things going on during the arc, lots of time wasted in random things that could be shortened quite a bit.

On another note, I'm quite sure the two movies are being made to please the fans of the series, not the new generations (though I could be mistaken, ofc), and that would mean many scenes could be omitted.

I am in no way defending the remake of the first saga, I would have preferred by far that they made the last saga, but they can still do a good remake, they could surpass the original, who knows?
ScarredSwordHeart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote
If they really wanted to please the fans of the series, they would be animating the Jinchuu Arc, not remaking the Kyoto Arc.

This is indeed a disappointment.

I guess I'll just have anticipate the new movie now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chowing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I was really looking forward to the whole series being remade, like Brotherhood.... I feel let-down
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I just hope they re-use some of the music from the 90s TV series, maybe in rearranged form like Diebuster did with Gunbuster's score. I can't imagine Kenshin in Kyoto without that Noriyuki Asakura music!

edit Oh, I just re-read the article and feel a little foolish now! Yay! Here's hoping Asakura recycles some of the TV series' specific melodies. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5