• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: .hack//The Movie 3D Anime to Open in in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
OMG YAYYYYYY! I wanted a .hack//LINK localization announcement or an announcement for a new game but this is just as good! Very Happy
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote
Super awesome! Very Happy

EDIT: The article forgot to mention the ridiculous amount of novels involved. (AI Buster, Another Birth, zero, CELL, GU, Epitaph of Twilight...) Shocked
Kouta6769

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I wonder if this movie has most of the old crew who worked on the first .hack project? Like for example the ones who did the soundtrack to SIGN, Yuki Kajiura, Emily Bindiger, and Chiaki Ishikawa. plus the first games, Chikayo Fukuda, Seizo Nakata, Norikatsu Fukuda, and Tomoyo Mitani. I would fly to Japan right now if I found that to be true. lol
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:45 am Reply with quote
This is likely to be terrible (as pretty much all .hack anime other than SIGN have been), but I'll watch it as long as Kajiura does the music.
atunderdogk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:55 am Reply with quote
I have to admit, when I first saw they were making a movie, I rolled my eyes. Then I saw it has Kite, Balmung, & Orca in it and I got excited. Not to mention that from this LOOKS absolutely fantastic. As much as I could appreciate what G.U. did with the cell shading/different styled effect, this looks beautiful. If they can manage to keep the story concise and to the point, then this will be awesome (much like the first A.I. Buster novel).
madlaxNoir2001

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quote
I think my jaw just drop . i am so excited for this . Shocked
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Kouta6769 wrote:
Hmm, I wonder if this movie has most of the old crew who worked on the first .hack project? Like for example the ones who did the soundtrack to SIGN, Yuki Kajiura, Emily Bindiger, and Chiaki Ishikawa. plus the first games, Chikayo Fukuda, Seizo Nakata, Norikatsu Fukuda, and Tomoyo Mitani. I would fly to Japan right now if I found that to be true. lol

Not likely in this case. Kajiura hasn't written for a single .hack// series since Roots and that was only the Opening Theme. Ishikawa was apart of See-Saw which did the themes to SIGN and Liminality but that group has long split. Though I wouldn't mind hearing Kalafina do a theme. There's a good chance Chikayo Fukuda will be doing the OST (maybe Mitani) he's CC's in house composer as far as I know.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
OMG YAYYYYYY! I wanted a .hack//LINK localization announcement or an announcement for a new game but this is just as good! Very Happy

I don't know about just as good, but it is interesting news. I guess I set myself up for disappointment expecting today's announcement to be a for a new game. For me .hack is a game series first and foremost, everything else is a bonus.

They wont bring over .hack//Link and they wont make another game. This news makes me sadder than it does happy.

It does look pretty awesome, though...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
They wont bring over .hack//Link and they wont make another game. This news makes me sadder than it does happy.

It does look pretty awesome, though...

Emerje

Dothackers is doing a fan translation of the whole game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1