• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed HD Remaster Project to Launch

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The American Average

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Confused the seed series was okay at best and they're HD-ing it. would have preferred Wing HD.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
ah yes indeed cause next year will be 10th year of GS era so it will be HD version.

ok then now wonder when will GS movie will & even who knows a 3rd GS season series?
Otaking09

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Finally... looks like some good Gundam is gonna be made again.
Toyetic or not, at least there's gonna be some creative, well-paced, involving fun.
[No one haze me for not watching UC Gundam yet now...]
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
ah yes indeed cause next year will be 10th year of GS era so it will be HD version.

ok then now wonder when will GS movie will & even who knows a 3rd GS season series?

GS movie is basically indefinitely stalled due to the director's health, which has been an issue since the second half of GSD, resulting in the poor finale we received back in 2005.

Nevertheless, I look forward to remastering. Gundam Seed (not Destiny) is one of the better Gundam titles out there along with Zeta, Turn A, 08th, and potentially Unicorn
RoverTX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
Wasn't this a SD digital show?
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
well give wonder how it look in HD mode give really my history of watching can't tell the difference between regular & HD mode.

yet seeing in Lacus in HD mode i wonder?

oh well still it still show GS era is MAIN era of this generation besides they got more plan in for it all cause now road to 10th year of GS is coming next year.

& yea got be something for those loyal to GS era.
redranger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:37 am Reply with quote
Excellent. I am really looking forward to this. Hope it looks good.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 am Reply with quote
RoverTX wrote:
Wasn't this an SD digital show?
I thought the same thing, along with "So, they're calling overfiltered, detail-erasing, oil-painting-esque, worse-than-DVD Q-TEC upscales 'HD Remasters' now?" Of course, given Gundam Seed's rather lavish production budget, it might've actually been animated in HD. (Haven't seen it myself, so I wouldn't know.) But some of its contemporaries, like 12 Kingdoms and GitS: SAC, apparently were animated in HD.

Even so, I'm sure we'll see a flood of comments wondering why the show didn't magically become 16:9 just because it got a Blu-Ray release.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
I love Gundam Seed and all... but I'd much rather have that promised movie than an HD remake.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
I love Gundam Seed and all... but I'd much rather have that promised movie than an HD remake.

I'd rather get a sequal, not the travesty that is destiny, but i'm sure they could do something good.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
RoverTX wrote:
Wasn't this an SD digital show?
I thought the same thing, along with "So, they're calling overfiltered, detail-erasing, oil-painting-esque, worse-than-DVD Q-TEC upscales 'HD Remasters' now?" Of course, given Gundam Seed's rather lavish production budget, it might've actually been animated in HD. (Haven't seen it myself, so I wouldn't know.) But some of its contemporaries, like 12 Kingdoms and GitS: SAC, apparently were animated in HD.

Even so, I'm sure we'll see a flood of comments wondering why the show didn't magically become 16:9 just because it got a Blu-Ray release.

Gundam Seed's weakest point was the fact that Sunrise was just learning how to make digital shows so it has a lot of weak animation. It will be interesting to see how this turns out because like you I don't see how they can really remaster a digital show for it's 10 year anniversary.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
cool now wheres my GS movie or has it become nothing more than a pipe dream?
nightjuan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote
While discussing all of these technical details is fair enough, I have to wonder about how good the sales will be. There's no denying this particular series was quite popular back in the day, but who knows how much of its original audience remains willing to buy a HD version after so many years.

I certainly have to imagine Sunrise and Bandai have done their own market studies, of course, or else they wouldn't even be trying to push this out the door...but I doubt it will come close to the original sales figures.

Finny-chan wrote:

I can only say Sunrise recently stated it was still on hiatus, so there's really not much of a reason to remain optimistic about that at this point. Perhaps if this HD remaster project does well enough it will provide an opportunity to fund that movie? It's too soon to tell.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:37 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
While discussing all of these technical details is fair enough, I have to wonder about how good the sales will be. There's no denying this particular series was quite popular back in the day, but who knows how much of its original audience remains willing to buy a HD version after so many years.

I certainly have to imagine Sunrise and Bandai have done their own market studies, of course, or else they wouldn't even be trying to push this out the door...but I doubt it will come close to the original sales figures.

Finny-chan wrote:

I can only say Sunrise recently stated it was still on hiatus, so there's really not much of a reason to remain optimistic about that at this point. Perhaps if this HD remaster project does well enough it will provide an opportunity to fund that movie? It's too soon to tell.

Kira is still one of the most popular Gundam characters of all times, and Gundam Seed was the most popular anime of the past decade, so I think sales should be solid but it won't be the 50,000 plus the original release got.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm not expecting miracles here, but if a high-definition "remaster project" can clean up some of the "noise" and make the line quality less jagged I would be happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3