• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 4 BD/DVD to Add Director's Cut of 1st Episode

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Who's the guy wearing the grey uniform in that picture? I don't recognize him.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote
I dont remember his name offhand, but he's from Persona: Trinity Soul.

As for the 'director's cut'...of cooourse. Just another thing we wont see stateside for a while.

I also really want that pic for a desktop.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Actually, given that it's only 3 extra minutes, and that both episodes are going to be on the BD/DVD, there's a good chance that the US company that picks the series up will be able to give us the Director's Cut.

What bothers me more is that it seems to be getting more and more common for series to get Director's Cut or DVD/BD-only episodes announced before the series starts. Heck, with P4A, we have a release date for the first DVD/BD before we even have the date that the series will start!

Hagaren Viper wrote:
I also really want that pic for a desktop.

Ask and ye shall receive. (sorry it's a bit blurry, I made it to fit most resolutions, and that was the only size they had on the site. And I'm not in the mood to vector the whole thing just to sharpen it up)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what will in the director's cut. spoiler[An extended commercial scene of Rise in a bikini?] Anime exclamation
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I wonder what will in the director's cut. spoiler[An extended commercial scene of Rise in a bikini?] Anime exclamation

We need an 'unrated edition' for the episode with Shadow Rise.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Way to milk that BD. I'm just waiting for the series to start. Plus, I need some more Meguro goodness to buy.
rejer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Again with a Persona Live concert? Even when there is not a new Persona game, if all they are going to do is play the same tracks from P3 and P4 and the other games again and again then the fans will not be that happy I think. The previous concerts were pretty much the same thing after all.
RyougaZell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
rejer wrote:
Again with a Persona Live concert? Even when there is not a new Persona game, if all they are going to do is play the same tracks from P3 and P4 and the other games again and again then the fans will not be that happy I think. The previous concerts were pretty much the same thing after all.

Well... the anime is getting new songs... and then there's the mystery site Atlus opened recently in http://p-atlus.jp/ so they can also feature songs from this project wheter its a Persona 4 Vita or Persona 4 HD Remaster

I own both concerts and wait eagerly for this one. Sadly it probably won't release in dvd until the end of 2012
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1