• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saiyuki Gaiden Volume 3's Promotional Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I suddenly understand why over-excited fans type the word "squee".
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Someone please bring more Saiyuki over to the US. Anime cry Gaiden is complete! You won't have to worry about it going on hiatus on you! I love those characters to death. Out of all of my unfinished series, Saiyuki tugs at my heartstrings the most. It's to the point where I would re-buy the series if someone else started publishing it!
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 am Reply with quote
ZepysGirl wrote:
Someone please bring more Saiyuki over to the US. Anime cry Gaiden is complete! You won't have to worry about it going on hiatus on you! I love those characters to death. Out of all of my unfinished series, Saiyuki tugs at my heartstrings the most. It's to the point where I would re-buy the series if someone else started publishing it!

I agree. I would love to have Gaiden published too. Does anyone out there know why it hasn't been picked up? It doesn't seem like the license would be too expensive (it has a fan base, but it's no Naruto) and Tokyopop stated it was one of their "top hits". Maybe if Sentai's OVA release does well, someone will consider publishing it?
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
ZepysGirl wrote:

I agree. I would love to have Gaiden published too. Does anyone out there know why it hasn't been picked up? It doesn't seem like the license would be too expensive (it has a fan base, but it's no Naruto) and Tokyopop stated it was one of their "top hits". Maybe if Sentai's OVA release does well, someone will consider publishing it?

Keep in mind that no TP titles have been officially re-licensed. Or at least there have been no announcements. We've only heard word on a handful of original series, and they were part of co-publishing desal with other companies. We probably wont hear much for a bit. Because of that, (the original series not being on the market), I think a company would be hesitant to get the prequel. Other than that, I heard TP was actually having some problems with Ichijinsha. Apparently the company wanted to focus on their Japanese releases, basically halting the release of Saiyuki, Loveless, Dazzle, and others in the US. I'm not sure if the problems still persist.

But I, too, would totally love for the series to be released again. I would even double-dip! It seemed to do moderately well for TP, after all. It would be a rather large task, I suppose. How many series does it have at this point? The original, Reload, Blast, Gaiden, and Ibun?
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:18 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:

Keep in mind that no TP titles have been officially re-licensed. Or at least there have been no announcements... How many series does it have at this point? The original, Reload, Blast, Gaiden, and Ibun?

That makes sense. Thanks! And you're right - there are so many series!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1