• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Queen's Blade 2: The Evil Eye part 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm still rather amazed at how much I enjoyed this series. Truth be told, shows that focused on fan service had lost a lot of their allure in my mind, but this one held my interest, and got me to buy the whole series. I still think the main reason is a lack of any dull male lead.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
salacious Gynos Academy shorts

a.k.a. the good stuff Very Happy
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:41 am Reply with quote
I checked out the first series partly because I've heard of its popularity and I wanted to support Media Blasters (back when it seemed like they were starting to go down). I was drawn in because it had such a huge WTF factor to it. In retrospect, I should've stopped at episode 10 when they introduced Cattleya--it was just disgusting. But there were only two episodes left, so I finished it, and before I knew it, I checked out the first volume of the second series.

When all the characters started fighting their personal duels in stylized arenas, I was thinking "MORTAL KOMBAT!" and playing the theme song in my head. For some reason, that was what was initially making me lose interest. But when they introduced that girl with her phantom/tentacle/thing, and how it submits her by pumping into her--well, long story short by that time I was wondering "My god, what am I doing watching this? What was I thinking?" I didn't care anymore about anything that followed.

I used to like fan service shows, like Girls Bravo (which was more of a sweet series), which I liked then and thus I still like now. But at this point in my life watching newer titles like Queen's Blade has shown how much my tastes have changed since then. Despite my feelings, it's still nice to read that Theron ultimately enjoyed this. I just hope Media Blasters itself will still be kicking for a while longer.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote
I would have been utterly shocked if Theron didn't enjoy this.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 am Reply with quote
However he is and it's a good thing. However I would have gotten it if he did not liked it since I'm a fanservice junkie.

Also peachy boy's comments made me laugh. He's the first person who actually doesn't like cattleya. A lot of the otaku does,especially those 18+ doujin writers that does 18+ doujins of her and her son Lana ( Lucky sob. I wished i was him,and had a mom like her. Laughing )

Though I can get why he got turned off by Nixx and that flaming demon staff Benikura. Those two took the h level to a notch with those tentacles scenes ( reminded me of Magical Girl Ai ) BUT Melpha and her " holy pose " were over the top.

Though what nearly turned me off was spoiler[ When They killed off Shizuka on ep 6. The last time i was that pissed off at a series when they killed off a good character was in the first season of CG when they killed of Yufie. If there anyone that should have died,it definitely should have been that annoying sister obsessed Elena. ]

Also the dub was not bad. Did it need small improvment,yes. but it's ten times better than Knights of Lamunes.

and though the ending was preety predictable, it's still good nevertheless,and i definitely recomended it to any fanservice fan,if you can tolerate Melpha's holy pose.

However I heard there was a season three called Queens Blade Rebellion.Anyone got info on that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Key

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
However I heard there was a season three called Queens Blade Rebellion.Anyone got info on that?

It's not a season 3. There are six existing OVA episodes that are, according to some sources, subtitled Beautiful Fighters, which are character-focused follow-ups to the second season. Two more OVAs are anticipated, due in October 2011 and January 2012, which are based on the Rebellion visual book(s) and are set after Beautiful Fighters. That's probably what you've heard about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lynx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
It's not a season 3. There are six existing OVA episodes that are, according to some sources, subtitled Beautiful Fighters, which are character-focused follow-ups to the second season. Two more OVAs are anticipated, due in October 2011 and January 2012, which are based on the Rebellion visual book(s) and are set after Beautiful Fighters. That's probably what you've heard about.

Wow I didn't know even more Queen's Blade was coming along. I'm definitely on board if MB decides to continue licensing the show.
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Fanservice and I are friends from way back...sure, there are more than it's fair share of "groan-able" moments in "Queen's Blade" but, all that aside, it is pretty enjoyable for me...I can't help but laugh at the absurdness of it all...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1