• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best anime kiss you have seen?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reiizm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote
Best kiss scene for me was the first kiss between Louise and Saito in Zero no Tsukaima.

It was really unexpected when it happened, and it was one of the staple scenes in the entire anime. Unforgettable. :]
ikki_king

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quote
so many kiss scenes to choose from, i think my personal faveorite would have to be air gear when ikki and ringo finally kiss, was one that took so long to happen! and even if it was to prove a point the sence of reliefe was worth it.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:54 am Reply with quote
I don't know if this is the best kiss I've ever seen in anime, but it's the one I remember best: the one at the end of FLCL when Naota kisses Haruko: the lead up to it, the actual kiss, and then what happens right afterwards are all pretty cool, IMO.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Dan297na wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Cqhu_BRPc

[Mod Warning: Link is NSFW. - Keonyn]

Now that was epic. Thanks for the laugh. Laughing

I don't have any favorite kiss scenes, but I can quite clearly tell that I don't really care about kisses in romantic anime. By the time they kiss I'm more like "Was [expletive] about time, jesus. Now get to bed already."
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
That's from Kemonozume by the way. Great under-rated series.
Metaflux

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:21 am Reply with quote
I know this may sound average but I liked the ending kiss scene from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

EDIT: It wasn't so much the visual aspect or how the scene was executed, but rather the sense of development & closure I felt afterward.

EDIT 2: A kiss scene I think is well executed is from Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi spoiler[at the end of episode eight.]
UnrestrictedMethod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Only really good one I can think of is in Kanon when spoiler[Ayu and Yuichi]kiss. I love the relationship the two have throughout the series. When it finally becomes romantic it's been a long time coming. It's genuine and it feels great to see two characters I've grown attached to take that step. Shame they had to promptly #@&* it up with more arbitrary tradgedy.
richter3456

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I also don't have any favorites. But, what came to my mind when I read the title of the topic was Toradora. That's probably the only one I remember. So obviously it must be the best, if it's the first thing that comes to mind.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quote
On my end, nothing has been able to top two notable kiss scenes involving Yukino and Arima from Kare Kano coming from two of the show's earlier episodes: the first towards the end of episode 6 and the second in the final half of episode 8's first mini-episode. Both scenes featured tense build-ups coming from the thoughts of Yukino and Arima as they thought about the moments they had with one another. Episode 6 spoiler[involved Arima thinking if he could support Yukino in a relationship while showing restraint] and episode 8 spoiler[featuring Yukino in a lovey-dovey mood while she was in a study session all alone with Arima at his house]. The build-up and the interactions between the two when they eventually do lock lips with one another comes across as natural and gentle, making these moments heartwarming and touching to behold between the two.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I suppose Stein's Gate deserves an up-vote in this category, which is remarkable since I don't consider the character designs particularly suited for it.

Double-check for not only a great setup, but also a follow-up kiss. That's something I have always gone for in real life and I think most people who liked it do as well. Rare in anime.
4750G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I know a lot of people have said this already, but the kiss from Toradora is great. It was sweet, and the two of them were being shy and everything, and it was just so cute and cheesy. Considering the situation they were in when they kissed made it more romantic.

Another kiss I liked was from Kaichou wa Maidsama. It wasn't romantic; it was actually more of a sneak attack from Usui. The atmosphere was all wrong, and Misaki was just, what the hell just happened. But I liked it because after the kiss, spoiler[Usui told Misaki he loves her, then jumps off the roof to retrieve the photo of Misaki as a maid that fell down, because Misaki doesn't want anyone to know her secret but there's no way to get the picture back anymore.] Now that is sweet.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:18 am Reply with quote
A couple I haven't heard mentioned: the kiss climaxing Lovely Complex is pretty adorable, principally because the premise is that the lady love interest is super-tall and the gent love interest is super-short. So how do they pull off that one special kiss without looking silly? Watch the series and see for yourself.

The other one that popped into my head was a non-romantic (sort of) example. The kiss at the end of ep. 8 of Kodocha. I don't want to spoil precisely what causes it or who kisses who, but it's probably the most hysterical and unexpected kiss I've ever seen in an anime, and what follows immediately afterward is the icing on the cake. It's a terrifically funny and sweet little scene. Laughing
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:21 am Reply with quote
In terms of the best animated kiss I think it has to be Kanon, hands down. Only problem is, while I remember it being superbly animated, all I can clearly remember is the saliva drop :p

The kiss in the telescope in Stellvia is special, in ways I can't explain.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
cl-shojo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
Originally posted by JesuOtaku:
Quote:
The kiss at the end of ep. 8 of Kodocha. I don't want to spoil precisely what causes it or who kisses who, but it's probably the most hysterical and unexpected kiss I've ever seen in an anime, and what follows immediately afterward is the icing on the cake.

I love that kiss too, but I really love the one in Kodocha episode 38 (the Christmas episode), because it's so sweet and a bit more...mutual.
I also like the kiss in episode 17 of Boys Over Flowers, because up to that point, it wasn't so clear which guy Tsukushi would end up with. But from this kiss on, they became one of my favorite couples in anime.
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote
Reiizm wrote:
Best kiss scene for me was the first kiss between Louise and Saito in Zero no Tsukaima.

It was really unexpected when it happened, and it was one of the staple scenes in the entire anime. Unforgettable. :]

I am a huge fan of that series but as you mention the first kiss, you are talking about the contract between a mage and her familiar. It didn't really mean anything to Louise at the time so I can't vote that one best in the series.(I think you meant to say this kiss that i will mention)

I will have to give the best to the kiss at the end of episode 12, first season.
That kiss encompassed the love that Louise had for Saito after she fired him so that he shouldn't feel any attachment to her so that he could return to his own world. However, Saito gives that up for the sake of the feelings he has for Louise where he couldn't let her go into battle without him as he feels he must protect her.
Louise cries out her signature phrase of "Stupid Dog!" and she throws herself into a kiss that they both passionately share as they hold each other on the remains of the battle field.

Even though Louise insists that this is renewing proof of their contract, it has feeling behind it that cannot be explained away that easily. So beautiful Anime catgrin
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2