• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hot Topic to Sell Sailor Moon T-Shirt for Men

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Too gaudy / the image should be on the back at least. Gimmie something with silhouettes.
Jimbobaka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I remember in the post about the shirts simply debuting at Hot Topic, one of the big topics in that thread was for a men's size shirt.

Well gentlemen, it looks like this piece of news brings us one step closer to gender equality!

I love the design as well but not so sure about the color of the shirt. Hopefully a red Sailor Mars shirt will appear in October or November.

@Gatsu: Not sure if I'm hipster (does that make me one?), I'm straight, and a pretty nice guy or so I've been told. I'm not a Sailor Moon fanboy, but Sailor Moon (along with DBZ, Yuyu Hakasho, Tenchi Muyo, etc) was a series I grew up with and this sudden resurgence of the franchise brings not only nostalgia but a chance to revisit a fun part of my childhood: discovering anime. I'll wear the shirt in public sure, but I won't be singing the praises of the series or try to appeal to ladies in the manga section of Barnes and Nobles. Just want the shirt cause I like it, and am a fan of the series.

Last edited by Jimbobaka on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote
GATSU: The answer is yes, yes, and yes. As well as possibly girls who like the designs too.
Nekusagi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:42 pm Reply with quote
So is this for hipsters, gay dudes, or for those douchebags who used to wear those shirts with anime girls in crude poses whose names I can't recall?

because men could never really like a show for girls, right?
Jimbobaka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Nekusagi wrote:
So is this for hipsters, gay dudes, or for those douchebags who used to wear those shirts with anime girls in crude poses whose names I can't recall?

It's like saying Girls can't like "Spartacus: Blood and Sand."

ONTOPIC: Can anyone fish out the price of the shirt on the site? It's blocked at my work at the moment. I'm thinking its around the 20 dollar price range since Hot Topic tends to hover around those prices unless its a clearance item.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Nekusagi wrote:

Maybe he's saying that only hipsters, gay dudes, or douchbags shop at Hot Topic to begin with.
Jimbobaka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Nekusagi wrote:

Maybe he's saying that only hipsters, gay dudes, or douchbags shop at Hot Topic to begin with.

Oh snap *head bob*

I reread his post and am now interested in what he used to call "...douchebags who used to war those shirts with anime girls in crude poses." I didn't know they had a specific name.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Well that cool but it still wont get me into that dam mall
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Only reason I go to the mall at all is to check if there's good shirts at hot topic. Usually there aren't. fortunatly, at the mall I go to Hot Topic is near the entrence, so I just walk in, check, and walk out. quick and easy.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what's GATSU's stance on Bronies...
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I wonder what's GATSU's stance on Bronies...
Whatever gets the most interesting replies.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to go a bit off-topic here due to another Sailor Moon-related event that was announced this week.

http://www.fpusadailyplanet.com/2011/09/07/its-a-sailor-bration/

Quote:
Join us for a special event to celebrate the new printing of the Sailor Moon manga and the first time ever printing of Code Name Sailor V via Kodansha comics with a trivia contest, presentation of the series’s history and impact, and a cosplay contest with prizing provided by Forbidden Planet, Kodansha USA and Funimation!

As seen by the image in the link, it will take place on Saturday the 17th from 10AM-2PM EST.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Primus: I just wanna know what you call a female version of a Bro'nie. NSFW. Oh, yeah, I finally remembered what those damn shirts were called: Hook-ups. Again, NSFW.
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I've already seen this design in stores, but with a black background instead of white. I actually think I like the white better because Luna ends up kind of hidden on the black shirt. I didn't even notice she was on it at first until I saw her head against Sailor Moon's boot. And even then I thought it was the Luna P at first because all I saw was a disembodied Luna head.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote
The Hipsters are going to have a field day with this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3