• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fourth Professor Layton Game U.K. Release on November 25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
Of course it doesn't have the Bonus Side Game that the US will get.
If Nintendo is good at anything right now (besides sending the 3DS into a death spiral) it's not keeping any of it's international incarnations in line such that one region gets Xenoblade and the other doesn't.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah the UK always loses out all the damned time cause we rely too much on America and it's not as if that does us any good cause we have to put up with their crappy resolution on DVDs and such.
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:
Yeah the UK always loses out all the damned time cause we rely too much on America and it's not as if that does us any good cause we have to put up with their crappy resolution on DVDs and such.

Incidentally, Manga Ent gave the UK Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva on Blu-ray too, not just DVD.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote
Yeah good thing it was a movie not a series.
FantiSci

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote
Wait a minute - Professor Layton is set where again? And that's the area getting the short shrift?

So Japan gets "London Life", and so does the USA, but not the island (technically islandS, but work with me) that actually has London on it. I keep thinking this is some elaborate exercise in irony. I did the same when I realised "Victorian Romance Emma" wasn't getting a dub track...but at least that was a translation choice that affected all English speaking areas, not just a case of "we'll dub it, but then you're not getting it, nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!"

Perhaps I'm being cynical, but I'm willing to bet that the lack of content won't be reflected in the price.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Just Passing Through wrote:
Incidentally, Manga Ent gave the UK Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva on Blu-ray too, not just DVD.

Technically that was Kaze, with Manga as distro.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Just Passing Through wrote:

Technically that was Kaze, with Manga as distro.

If we're gonna get technical, I'll be hours resorting all my UK anime DVDs into Siren Visual and Madman Entertainment piles, given most of what the UK anime companies put out these days are just AU discs with their own logos and trailers slapped on the front...
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I don't think you quite understand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I don't think you quite understand.

I'm deliberately misunderstanding...

There's a difference. Razz

I've reviewed Layton, and Vampire Knight/Guilty and have half a handle on what Kaze's relationship with Manga is.

It's why we'll probably still get Samurai Girls on UK Blu-ray, despite Manga's recent misgivings about releasing anime series in HD. It's because Samurai Girls is a Kaze title and they have final say on how it's released in the UK.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote
That, and Manga has said "we'll see" and the very same day Kaze has said "definitely".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1