• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Anime Plans

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
No more Conan? No Big O 3?

Mostly bad news, I say.
emory

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Were people expecting a Big O 3? I wasn't.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:03 pm Reply with quote
No more Big O is good news (yes, this is coming from a rather big fan of the show, too). The show's reached a definitive conclusion, any more would ruin it. Conan being in the "Lupin limbo" is sort of grey news...good that they're keeping what they have, but a shame there won't be any more. And Outlaw Star is just a given; I could've told you they no longer had the rights to it. Why would they run it on Adult Swim, anyway? They're no longer hurting for anime to air and it's the super child-friendly Toonami version (the origin of the "laser gun" phenomenon that's seen a big comeback in Gundam SEED, among other things). I'd rather they just re-purchase the rights now than air the old one, but then they already have too much stuff to air as it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DiRTyBuNNy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd almost say they were bluffing about Naruto...in business whenever a company says they aren't doing something that's usually the first sign that they ARE doing it...
emory

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quote
DiRTyBuNNy wrote:
I'd almost say they were bluffing about Naruto...in business whenever a company says they aren't doing something that's usually the first sign that they ARE doing it...
No. They're right in this case. They don't want anything that shares pages in a popular magazine with Toonami shows.
Stueypark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Naruto really isn't in the Adult Swim demo. On the otherhand, Toonami and (whatever their afternoon block is called now) could be contenders for it because that's more of the target audience for the show.

Or CN may have decided the cost to air will simply be too high. There's a number of big name action shows that haven't been seen on CN for probably that very reason.
Moonstruck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting a 3rd Big O. Others were? Question

I'm sad that there's no Conan. Crying or Very sad I like that show (ignoring the American stuff). Crying or Very sad
Nionel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I think Naruto is destined to be on Toonami should CN get it anyway, and yes I'm a rather big Naruto fan, that's a show that could be marketed more towards kids here in the states than it could to adults, and it makes no difference to me personally, as long as I get my Uncut DVDs, I'm happy...

As for Conan, I just hope this won't effect Funi's dubbing it in the long run, I'm a fan of the show and I hope to continue seeing DVD releases in the future, but I figured this was coming anyway, I'd almost bet that a big part of the ratings was due to an unstable timeslot early on, either that or no one is interested in a kid solving mysteries...

Big 0 3, not a suprise (no need, IMO), Outlaw Star...it's been said but why would you want to show that on AS anyway? Movies are good though, I wouldn't mind seeing more anime movies on AS saturdays, plus with the acquisition of Paranoia Agent and Samurai Champloo they don't really need anymore anime, all I can say is that since Cowboy Bebop has been played to death, maybe SC can replace it for a while once it gets on the air...
emory

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Here's a quote I'm surprised no one mentioned from that AdultSwim.com post.

"We haven't made a single edit to Fullmetal Alchemist." -Kim Manning
biliano*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
No more Big O is good news (yes, this is coming from a rather big fan of the show, too). The show's reached a definitive conclusion, any more would ruin it.

Although I'm disappointed that there won't be a third Big O season, I agree with this. Any more episodes will ruin was is an already awesome series, and its conclusion was satisfying (at least for me). I wasn't expecting a third season anyway.

However, I'm very excited that CN acquired the rest of the InuYasha series, so I'm looking forward to watching how the series ends.
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
No more Conan? No Big O 3?

Mostly bad news, I say.

Well, we learned in the same message board that AS picked up Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent, so we got both good news and bad news.
Blues of Hadal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
i didn' know they had those two
i really wanted them to get paranoia agent
i went to the thread but just gave up thinking it wasn't gonna get pickeed UP SO DAMN HAPPY
anyway
i don't care about the movies they picked but theres no bad news here
i know alot of people on the board like conan and it was a fine show but its extremly long in ep count

and it was going around that the creators of Big O wanted some more eps so thats why people wanted a third season
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:10 am Reply with quote
Blues of Hadal wrote:
and it was going around that the creators of Big O wanted some more eps so thats why people wanted a third season

If that's true then it's still possible. Keep in mind that they said that they weren't going to help in producing a 3ed season, not that a 3ed season isn't possible, they just aren't going to pay for it. Of course, they also didn't say that they weren't interested in broadcasting a third season if one was ever to be made either.

Doesn't mean a 3ed season will ever be made, but it's something to think about.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bobdesu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quote
Should Naruto make it to Toonami, I suspect that whatever dubbing company gets their grubby hands on it will anally violate it with a rake. Although I have to admit, Toonami picking it up would be better than say Fox.
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:28 am Reply with quote
I'm just surprised nobody said anything about the Fullmetal Alchemist movie... it's like Naruto blindsided them or something. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7