• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Old Video Troubleshooting

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
R-15 episode 1 won't play to the end in 720p. It is 24:25 long but stops mid-song at 23:15
I switched to 360 and got the end of the end and the preview, although most of the subtitles were missing from the preview... yes, as with here the final <caption> is out of order. It's displayed for nearly 15 seconds and it looks to have been inserted in order of where it ends, rather than where it begins.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nesabi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Hello!
I hope I'm posting in the correct place for this, apologies if not!

Deadman Wonderland Episode 4 doesn't seem to be loading at all for me. All of the others have worked fine so far, and I haven't had any particular issues with other videos on the site so I don't think it's my settings or anything.

When I go to load the video, the icon flashes constantly in the top right hand corner. I can't change any settings or anything on it, and pressing the 'play' icon does nothing at all.

Any ideas what the issue might be, and is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give! Smile
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Well. it worked when I watched it previously, although I can't check it at the moment. Have you tried one of the other resolutions?

--edit--

Looks like the video host has now been changed to cachefly but the files have not been uploaded there - all resolutions are 404ing.

360p is missing for all the other episodes I've just checked too (although they have 480 and 720)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nesabi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
It wouldn't even let me try to other resolutions, unfortunately. The other episodes seem to be fine, I just didn't want to skip an episode. Smile
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I emailed Ailsa and she's going to get it looked at.
Nesabi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Thank you so much, it's really appreciated! Very Happy
Chmia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote
I think I am having a similar problem, but I don't know a lot about computers, so I'm not entirely sure.

I have been trying to watch the first episode of Gintama, but the screen is blank. I'm pretty sure the page is fully loaded, because the commercials play through completely without a problem.

Just because I was curious, I tried to the latest episode of the same series and the screen is also blank. Do I need to sign up for something to see the videos? Maybe I have done something wrong or have not completed a required step? I'm not sure.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
Gintama is an embed, and not directly controlled by us. (I forget right now if it's CR or Hulu, though.) Please let them know, as there's nothing I can do.
Chmia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote
Thank you.
Brickstin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:28 am Reply with quote
I've tried a few of those things.. from disabling firewalls and my antiviruss.. disabled adblocker and no scripts even tried a different Browser.. .. and its still not working..

I dont understand it.. I have my flash and shockwave fully upgraded and up to date... firefox is up to date..

I've done the tracert flash.edgecastcdn.net thingy and it goes through fine.. theres no major lag..

pings are low too and i dont get packet losses..

I even went as so far as to registering with crunchyroll.com and got an account there to see if that would fix my problem.. I dont get it.

I can watch videos on their site but through your site I cant watch them.. im trying to watch this

animenewsnetwork.com/video/1946/#play-1

I tried other episodes too and other anime.. and im still getting nothing..

Firefox is 7.0.1

can anyone help.. ? All I see is a black blank screen.... nothing happens..
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote
It appears as though our Crunchyroll embeds are not working! Please try some other series, the ones from Hulu should still work.

Forget about the Edgecast traceroute. We haven't used Edgecast in years, and no longer host our own videos at all for the US/CAN market -- everything's just an embed from either Hulu or Crunchyroll.

I'll look into this tomorrow.
Artfan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Hi. Sorry, I've got another issue. jsevakis helped me out last time.「これはゾンビですか?」(Is This a Zombie?) has two encyclopedia entries - one for the first season, and one for the second season (「これはゾンビですか?」(Is This a Zombie?), and「これはゾンビですか?オブ・ザ・デッド」(Is This a Zombie? Of the Dead).

In Season One's entry, the "watch it now" button leads to the second season's videos, and the first season's videos are nowhere to be found.

Plus side - I had no idea there even was a second season. Last I heard season 1 was dropped from Crunchyroll.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I was told that I should post this here instead of in the encyclopedia section.
There is a problem with the Shakugan no Shana encyclopedia entry #5943. There is a watch it now link which takes you to episodes of Shakugan no Shana III final. You need to move that link to the Shakugan no Shana III page.
Artfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I just tried to watch Asura Cryin', a series new to me, and it just won't play. It's a Crunchyroll series. Another show, via Hulu, worked OK. Asura Cryin' is available directly at Crunchyroll.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote
It looks like the CR embeds were fixed a little while ago. I also did some cleanup of the hulu embeds to fix the problem (with Shakugan no Shana and others) where different seasons were "merged" as a single series on ANN. So everything should be good with the videos now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 11