• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paprika's Tsutsui Discusses Anime Plans for New Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quote
He doesn't seem like the type to do light novels. Anyway, I'm just glad they're finally selling the Paprika book, even used, on Amazon.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:18 am Reply with quote
This is promising, can't wait to see what comes from this. I loved Paprika and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time so he has a good track record as far as I'm concerned. Though I haven't seen the older adaptations of his works. Kind of crazy to see how long this guy has been around. I mean Mirai Kara Shonen Super Jetter was from 65 so this guy has been around.

Also I've sadly never had the pleasure to read his actual novels, I'd really like to some day though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Bianca is a beautiful girl who attracts the attention of all the boys. When observing the fertilization of a frog's egg, she suddenly wants to see what human sperm looks like. She offers a handjob to one of her classmate Chihara and says, "Could you give me your sperm? I need it for my research," which sparks her curiosity and aspiration for strange experiments which lead to strange happenings around her

After Astarotte's Toy so cruelly misled me, I know better than to get my hopes up for this show... but I'll still check it out regardless. Just not going to fall for this kinda stuff again. It'll probably just be a sex comedy/drama like B Gata H Kei mixed with some Haruhi Suzumiya surrealism, which could be interesting.
pantsmca

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
This has SHAFT written all over it.
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I have seen the anime version of Paprika and I look forward to reading the manga that inspired the anime also to reading The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and watching the anime it inspired. Very Happy
msgundam2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Cool a Anime with Noizi Ito art style.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1