• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dragon Ball Z Remastered Movie Collection V01 DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Goku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quote
This joker..the reviewer is certainly a dub fan...being a freakin dub fan...listening to junk dubs by talentless hacks...hrribly written scripts, with plain & horribly repetitive music...yet "somehow" the dub gets a B while the original subbed version gets C. How lame is that...Joker's Laughing
madmangohan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
It was a B- firstly (which means below good; C is average)
Secondly, yes I grew up on the dub with dbz, and thus I have a slight preference for it (certainly not a dub fan for every series though as you make me out to be).
Thirdly, I'm not sure if you've actually bothered to listen to the audio on that release, but the Japanese track is horrid quality, and as put on the review, even worse than the original movie release.
Am I meant to praise that?
The voice work could be great, but if it sounds like a muffled radio or has its volumes all wrong, I can't in good conscience says it's better than a hacked dub that:
A: Get's the job done (lameness lines aside)
B: Sounds rather ok on a speaker setup
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1