• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds .hack//Quantum, Streams Guilty Crown

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote
inb4 subscription backlash

Yay Quantum!
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Well that sucks. Another very well animated anime being stuck with a 360p stream.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Awesome work on getting Guilty Crown. I am going to watch that one when it starts streaming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I doubt there will be backlash for the subscription thing. I mean Funi said they planned on having a HD subscription service more the a year back so people knew it was coming at some point. It's not like it's being forced on anyone either.

Excited to see they are not only streaming Guilty Crown but also planned a BD release which is nice, Although I am pretty confused by the .hack thing. I don't know many people who still follow that franchise and it's popularity has pretty much died down(and to be honest I don't really know if that popularity was ever really all that big or not) It's one of those shows that doesn't interest me at all. It's so clogged with so many different games, manga and anime it's nearly impossible to follow and quite frankly I never thought the quality of the series was high enough to put in such a large effort following it. But again that is just me and i'm sure there are fans out there very happy to see it coming.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote
If Guilty Crown is even worth watching or buying is still undecided..I'll see how the first few episodes are..really doesn't seem like anything special but perhaps it will surprise me.

Last edited by iamthevastuniverse on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Awesome that FUNimation picked up Quantum and surprising seeing as all previous .hack// Animes were released by Bandai Entertainment. On another note I think this also puts a little glimmer of hope for a US Release of the Movie.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Oh nice, .hack//Quantum is the only bit of the .hack franchise I've seen so far but I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind picking it up sometime. Also interested in Guility Crown so I'm glad to see it's getting simulcast and a same day one too. Doubt I'll do Funi's new subscription service but I don't mind, it's nice to see things in HD but that's what BR are for after all.
haseowolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote
.hack//QUANTUM is actually a very well done series with VERY high production values. It's beautiful, the music is gorgeous, and the story is great and you don't need ANY information from prior series to understand.

Great for long-time fans and superb for those who've never given it a try. It's far more fun and entertaining than previous series since there is a good balance of action, story, and exposition.

Give it a try.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote
"elite subcription" either needs a [sic] or a spellcheck Wink

I couldn't get into .hack//Roots, I don't think any games after the original four were ever released here and I've not read any of the novels from that era - but I have seen Quantum and it is rather good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I couldn't get into .hack//Roots, I don't think any games after the original four were ever released here

The .hack//G.U. trilogy of games were released here, which //Roots was made to promote, as it is a prequel to those games.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Since Guilty Crown is a noitaminA title and I feel like it will be better executed than Fractale, I'm definitely going to check it out. I'm glad Funimation is confident enough to get the DVD/Blu-ray license for it this early too.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
So I guess it's official Bandai has no interest in continuing the .hack franchise outside of Japan. First they give .hack/GU Trilogy a sub only release (not a huge shocker, really), then completely blow off releasing the final game in the franchise, .hack/Link, outside of Japan, and now they're letting another company handle the latest OAV. I'm thankful to FUNi for picking this up, but I'm going to remain peeved at Bandai for a good long while.

Primus wrote:
inb4 subscription backlash

My only backlash is that I want an annual subscription rate. Otherwise, it sounds like a great service.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I potentially might be interested in this premium streaming service. I'll wait until I hear how the video quality is (and whether it will even be available in Canada, of course), but it might be a good way to see some titles legitimately that I have a sort of interest in seeing but not necessarily an interest in owning hard copies. A wait and see on this, I guess.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, color me surprised. Im an outsider to the whole franchise, but I neber would have expected that a company besides Bandai would pick up anything related to .Hack. Not sure if I'll watch myself, as I haven't seen any part of the series, but Im sure fans will be glad that it's being released by someone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
YEEEEEEEESSSS!!!! THEY LICENSED GUILTY CROWN!!! YAY YAY!! ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3