• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sariyana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm...my top fav. anime...this isn't in any particular order...

1. Pretear--A lot of people can look at this show and go...ok, another Sailor Moon, but Pretear is sooo much more than some ridiculously mushy love story, like Sailor Moon. The show has drama, romance, comedy, and great fight scenes. Plus...Sasame and Hayate are 2 of my top bishies.

2. Chobits--This show is hilarious! I loved it from the first time I started watching it. But although I mainly love it for the humor, I also love the characters, especially Chii...she's so cute!

3. Inuyasha--Although this show is a bit longer than it needs to be, I love it for the blend of genres. It has action, but doesn't overdo it, like DBZ. It also has fantasy (one of my favorite genres) and romance, but isn't mushy. So this is a nice, well-balanced anime. Plus, this show actually has a decent bad-guy, u know, one who actually has a brain and is actually a genuwine bad guy.

4. Rurouni Kenshin--I'm ashamed that Cartoon Network cut up this show soooo badly. I'm a big fan of samurai, so obviously Kenshin is my fave character. Soujiro's cool too. Anyway, the action scenes are great, and the Kyoto arc was excellent. Plus, the love sub-plots are great too.

5. Cowboy Bebop--Well, since this is obviously a well-loved anime, I'm not even going to waste my time explaining why I like it. Two words--action and music

6. Wolf's Rain--Well, if you like Cowboy Bebop, I think you should check out this one as well. The storyline's a bit confusing, but it's enough to keep you on your toes without completely throwing you off.

7. FLCL--This show completely threw me off. When I first cut it on, I was like "WTF?" But that's what I love about it, because, I'll continue to watch it as long as the plot can keep throwing me off...I'll have to watch it until I fully understand it.

8. Fushigi Yuugi--This is a great fantasy story. It involves love, friendship, and THE BEST LOOKING GUYS ANIME HAS TO OFFER (so what...I'm shallow).

9. .Hack//Sign--Another anime that completely threw me. Not much action, mainly plot development. But, the music is wonderful. See-Saw is a great group and the music that they made for the show is perfect.

10. Trigun--A great blend of humor and action. And I really love Vash and Knives, although Wolfwood was by far my favorite character.

Other faves--Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, Angelic Layer, Full Metal Alchemist, Ranma 1/2, Yuyu Hakusho, Blue Seed, Fruits Basket, and Gundams Wing and Seed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sariyana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote
CaptainHarlock wrote:

3. Cowboy Bebop, Great idea of Bounty hunters in space with the old western style and with characters that have a purpose.
But Silll it's really over-rated with the wave of fans wanting a second season too it.

2nd Season? spoiler[ i coulda sworn that Spike dies in the end...and he's the main character.] So what would the second season be about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
scorpioEDC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:08 am Reply with quote
Last time, I had post 5 favorites.

Now, here are 2 more TV series (oldies and hard to find):

1. Furandaasu No Inu, The Dog of Flanders - a very long story of love between a boy Nello and a dog Patrash. A warmth and moving series. Although the emotional impact is not as strong as Grave of the Fireflies but the feeling of despair after watching the end of the series stayed with me for at least a couple of hours. Hopefully, one day, there will be a reprint of this series on DVD.

2. Conan, The Boy of The Future - a story of love between a boy Conan and a girl Lana. There is a resemblance between Conan and Laputa since both are Mayazaki's works. However, Conan is much more powerful than Pazu - don't get me wrong and picture the image of another clumsy and stupid character with the same name CONAN from Hollywood. The Conan boy was slim but the boy got strength all over his body down to his toes, and he was fast. The passion of love of this Conan boy is totally reflected in his wild strength. Hopefully, this series will be offically released on DVD.
aoi777

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quote
My favorite top 5

1. Tenchi OVA's
Its so funny, with some sentive feelings. This anime has a lot of heart.

2. His and her circumstance (kare kano)
Its so funny, and sweet. The characters are so well developed, and different. Animation isn't the best, but it makes up for a good story.

3. Inuyasha
Nice blend of action, humor, and comedy romance is the feudal times of Japan

4. sailor moon
I know this didn't come off well in North America, but watching the japanese verision with subtitles its actually quite funny and entartaining.

5. Dual! Parallel adventure
Probably because it was from the creators of Tenchi that I like it so much, but I thought it was a good short series.

Want to in the future: 12 kingdoms, and vandread
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:18 pm Reply with quote
sariyana wrote:
CaptainHarlock wrote:

3. Cowboy Bebop, Great idea of Bounty hunters in space with the old western style and with characters that have a purpose.
But Silll it's really over-rated with the wave of fans wanting a second season too it.

2nd Season? spoiler[ i coulda sworn that Spike dies in the end...and he's the main character.] So what would the second season be about?

I remember hearing somewhere that Cowboy Bebop wasn't orginally 26 episodes and that it actually stopped around episode 13 or something, but they decided to continue and hence the "2nd season" (episodes 14-26).
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I remember hearing somewhere that Cowboy Bebop wasn't orginally 26 episodes and that it actually stopped around episode 13 or something, but they decided to continue and hence the "2nd season" (episodes 14-26).

It was originally intended to be 26 episodes, but only about 12 or 13 of those actually selectively aired when it ran on TV. For example, the first TV episode was "Stray Dog Strut" (what we know as the second episode) instead of "Asteroid Blues."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

It was originally intended to be 26 episodes, but only about 12 or 13 of those actually selectively aired when it ran on TV. For example, the first TV episode was "Stray Dog Strut" (what we know as the second episode) instead of "Asteroid Blues."

It's also worth noting that happened only on the first run of Bebop. The first run on TV Tokyo was eps 2-3 7-15, 18. A few months later, the entire series was broadcast on WOWOW.
joon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:22 pm Reply with quote
lol no one watched Crest/Banner of the Stars? oh well :p

From what i read, looks like everyone's number 1 anime is Cowboy Bebop and worst anime is Dragonball Z. I have watched too many animes so i don't really remember cowboy bebop that good but it was ok.

i must edit my opinon in 2nd fav. It is juuni kokki. That anime rocked in the sky. It was dramatic, sentimental, excited had everything. It was master piece.

Now let's go into more deeper. The genre of the anime.

my fav top 5 LOVE genre anime.

1. Kimagure Orange Road
this anime was just best romantic anime ever. I have seen lots of love relationship animes but it wasn't better than kimagure orange road. Kimiga nozomu eien, da capo, or any love animes can't beat this anime. we can say that this anime was the original love triangle anime since it is from 1986.

2. AIR
i played AIR game and it was good i won't spoil so let's wait for fansub shall we?

3. Kimi ga nozomu eien.
This anime had same story as kimagure orange road but it had so many sex scenes so it isn't top 1

4. Maison Ikkoku
Another Rumiko oneechan's anime. Very good. Love triangle however this time it is 1 girl and 2 boys. very comic and funny

5. Ai Yori Aoshi
this anime is very comic but also romantic. I suggest this anime to watch with your girlfriend if you have one. she will like it. my g/f did ~_~.

WORST LOVE ANIME is
AKANE MANIAX
this anime? is it anime? i call it CRAPPPPPPPPPPPP so bad so bad so bad. I liked akane from kgne but this anime was so bad i am not gonna even talk about this.
Animage~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:34 am Reply with quote
I think that the most memorable anime of all time is Rurouni Kenshin/ Samurai X. I have watched RuroKen for 3 yearsnow and it has marked most peoples lives forever. A long time ago people watched anime and they thought they saw just moving Japanese pictures. Then I saw Kenshin, and it never was the same. Kenshin tried to avenge for his sins with honour, and its one of the reasons I live the way I do. Really there is a direct coorealation between people who dont watch Kenshin, and people who have no honour at all,with about 5*10*900000 exceptions. lol Laughing
^The above postwas full of crap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
When I was a sophomore in high school I got into anime. Ever since then, I've seen so many of them, that this list will be a little hard.

Favorite:

1.Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: All though PGSM isn't anime, I'll consider it anime for this. I got into Sailor Moon during my sophomore year because of someone that rode my bus...who eventually became by best friend. She got me wanting to read the manga and I eventually bought the anime. I like BSSM not only because of the animation but because of the story. Sure, they may defeat the daily monster in every episode but the storyline is really great. I have every season except R and S.
PGSM is even better IMO. The characters are more developed and actually have lives and background stories. The fight scenes may be really cheap and stupid, but I watch it because of the storyline. While watching PGSM, you actually get into the story. I myself, became mostly attached to Minako/Venus/V throughout the course of the season.
2. Green Green: Green Green is such a funny anime. It's very perverted and the characters are hilarious. Though I've only seen the first season, I love this anime. The situations that the characters get into are so unbelievable and would never happen, and that makes it even funnier.
3. Haunted Junction: The anime is GREAT! I bought this without knowing anything about it. The boxset was only $20 on Animenaiton and I had been wanting it for a while, so I thought, "What the hell..." and got it. I started watching it and not only was the opening song good, but so was the animation, characters and storyline. The anime series is only 12 episodes, manga series 13 volumes, and you get attached to the characters.
4. Excel Saga: This is probably the funniest anime I have ever seen. The story has no plot and it's random and that's why I like it.
5. Magic User's Club: I saw the OVA for the first time a long time ago and it made me want to buy the series. I got the entire series with the OVA about a year ago. It's so funny. The OVA is much better than the series, but the series has a lot of funny stuff in it.
6. Colorful: This is so perverted. The whole point of this is to see girls' panties. Everyone should see this though, it's really funny and the opening song is the best.

Now for my least favorites...
1. Dragon Ball Z: This anime is effing retarded. I HATE IT!! It takes 5 episodes to get through 1 effing day. The animation is shitty and square and it's pointless. How long does it take to find stupid balls.
2. Pokemon: The name explains it all.
3. Yu-gi-oh: I hate this anime. My sister watched it one time and I decided to watch it with her. I felt like ripping out my insides and having my next door neighbor eat my entrails...that's how much I hate it.
4. Cowboy Bebop: I don't hate this anime, I just don't care for it. I don't see what the hype is all about. It seemed pretty dumb to me.
5. Anything Mecha
omegafett

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:27 am Reply with quote
This is the first message I've put on this message board but here we go. Just so you all know the first two on my list are ranked the rest aren't. I will not mention Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Studio Ghibli movies, or Ninja Scroll because it is assumed that they are great. I will also only rank shows that I have seen all or three-quarters of.

1. Neon Genesis Evagelion(including Death and Rebirth and The End of Eva)-what can I say about eva that people already haven't. nothing probably but I will say that it starts out as a regular mach show and then expands into something much more.(My Favorite artistic anime)
2. Gudam-Any show w/ the name Gundam I will watch(except SD Gundam from a couple years ago) The mech series to end all mech series. The pinnicle of all mechs.(technically my favorite non-artistic anime)
3.RahXephon-Eva w/ all questions answered, which is why it doesn't rank in the top two.
4.Cowboy Bebop-The best retro-future series ever made. Everything just came together for this series.
5.Trigun-The retro-future series that resembles it's genre name the most.Besides Vash is awesome.
6.Outlaw Star-not as good of a retro future series as the other two in the genre but still good none the less
7.Escaflowne-It's just so epic, who could deny it's greatness?
8.Gasaraki-Take Eva and Gundam and smash them together and you got Gasaraki.
9.Crest/Banner of the Stars-it's a nice change of pace for usual anime. They explain in 13 episodes what other shows would show in half that number.
10.Full Metal Panic-mecha show that breaks from convention. A funny moment followed immediately by a deathly serious moment.

And now my least favorite/hated.
1.Super Milk Chan-can't stand it
2.Inuyasha-more repetitive than DBZ
3.Poke'mon-fun games but horrible shows.
4.Beyblade-the premise just sounds horrible
5.Demon city Shinjuku-too old and not as good as it could be.
m_jonis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Here's my list (although I'm not sure if I can really prioritize the top "10" in any order):

Top 10 (again, in no particular order):

Last Exile - Excellent animation (appears to also have some CG stuff in it). Although the ending left me a little disappointed (don't want to spoil it for anyone)

Witch Hunter Robin - Animation and sound done very well. I also like anime with a "mystical" theme to it. Also had a very good progression of "secrets" involved of the storyline.

Noir - Okay, so this would be my #1. The music rocks. I even went out and bought the 3 CD set. Animation done very well. I really liked the storyline that gave you just a little bit of uncovering the past in each episode. I'd like to see the series continue somehow.

Hellsing - Pretty good, but the ending seemed a little lacking (again, don't want to spoil the ending). I also like anime with "vampire" themes.

Escaflowne - I've not seen the entire series yet, just up to DVD #4. But what I've seen so far I really enjoy. I like the mystical portion of it.

Full Metal Panic - Again, only up to DVD #4, but the animation seems fairly good and I'm curious to find out what all the "whispered" are about.

Vampire Hunter D - I've not seen bloodlust, but again, I like vampire type anime, even though the animation in this series is a bit dated.

Orphen - I like "D&D" type anime as well. And was pleased with the ending. Also some of the music was "haunting".

Ghost in the Shell - the FIRST movie and the TV series so far. I just cannot get past the subitltes in "innocence" so I'll just wait and hope that they release a dub version sometime.

Read or Die - both the "original" and the TV series. I just like "magic" type anime, what can I say?

Least favorites:

Evangelion - It was okay until the ending. I was like, "what the hell?" I even rented the "remade" ending (I think it's "end of evangelion". But that only made slightly more sense.

GunGrave - I just couldn't get into it and was more interested in the "now" instead of virtually the entire series being re-hashes of the past.

Wolf's Rain - It was kinda sad and I didn't particularly care for the way the series ended.
Brandon Heat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I dont have top ten yet i dont have such a vast selection of anime as of yet. But the ones i do like are

1. Evangelion- one of the first animes i started watchign just the fact that its so intact, the story, and the psychological, and philisophical points that it has its just so out there you would never see something like that in a hollywood movie.

2. Beserk- even though the ending left me wanting more, i know i should read the magna but just dont have time to read anythign extra besides my school books. The action on this is great blood spill and all.

3. Gungrave- this anime is just awsome, i love brandon heat like someone esle pointed out here he's the strong silent type dont mess with him cause hell fill you with bullet holes, and then when he comes back as beyond the grave he's just even more awsome, this anime is great, good story great action.

4. Ronin warrios- yes i said it i love it one of the first next to evangelion for me to watch i love it just the fact that i watched as a kid.

5. full metal alchemist- I've seen some epsidoes on adult swim and i love it so far its great seems to have a good story behind it .

6. Inuyasha- a demon dog helping humans as he tries to recover a sacred jewel to become human or full demon. whats greater than that? "sit boy"

7. Cowboy beepbop- i just love the futurerist bounty hunter style spikes the man.
Flou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:18 pm Reply with quote
My Top Ten Favorites

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion

2. Cowboy Bebop

3. My-Hime

4. Samurai Champloo

5. FLCL

6. Kaleido Star

7. Kare Kano

8. Trigun

9. Rurouni Kenshin

10. AIR

Of all the anime I have seen, these are my favorites. I haven't seen all of these series yet but my current favorite new series is My-Hime.

My 5 Least Favorites

1. Yugioh

2. Pokemon (I hate these dubs)

3. Gravion

4. Hit wo Nerae

5. Cosprayers

[reported and whatnot -t]
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:37 am Reply with quote
Flou wrote:
My Top Ten Favorites

Flou, why don't you write reasons like you did in another (albeit resurrecting) post? Look at posts before yours; everyone had written reasons for their most and least favorite anime titles.

Quote:
[reported and whatnot -t]

Huh? Anime dazed Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Don't get it at all....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 122