• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Pillows at ACen

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crescent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Btw, if anyone else outside of the midwest are Pillows fans and still unaware, they'll also be in Texas, New York, and California in mid/late March.

Austin, TX: http://2005.sxsw.com/music/showcases/band/15920.html

New York City: http://www.knittingfactory.com/calendar/event_descrip.cfm?event_num=51022&room=4&location=1

San Francisco: http://www.studioz.tv/events/japan032705

Unfortunately, the San Fran show and one of the two times they're playing during the SXSW festival in Austin are 21+ shows. I think the NYC show may be all-ages, though.
linlinchan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't going to drag myself out to Acen. Now... I think I might have to.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Rosemont is so close to me. I'm definitely going to have to conjure up the money.

On a side note, I submitted this news to http://www.absolutepunk.net/. Hopefully they'll put it up so more people will know about this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I've always wanted to go to A-Cen but never put out the full effort to try and go. Maybe I'll have to this time. I love the Pillows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tiresias

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, if they keep remotely to their past scheduling, you can bet the concert will be some time on Friday, probably late afternoon or early evening. So if nothing else, you can always just show up for Friday and pay the single day rate, which unfortunately hasn't been announced yet. However, if you wish to go for all three days, I'd highly recommend pre-registering while you can. The price is currently $40 for all three days and is good for at least another month, can't remember exactly when pre-reg closes.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Oh man, I've always wanted to go to A-Cen but never put out the full effort to try and go. Maybe I'll have to this time. I love the Pillows.

ACen is one of my favorite anime cons. Big enough that stuff happens, small enough that I'm not working every minute of the weekend (of course that's a point of view limited to those of us that work at cons) and one of the best party cons period.

-t
-X-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:48 am Reply with quote
Wow...I bought tickets for the NYC show the very moment I read that headline. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy HELL yes. I hope it's a small venue...and not full of smelly otaku
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:32 am Reply with quote
Dammit! I was thinking I could make it to the March 21st one in NYC... but then I remembered I got an exam the next day. Dammit! The trip would be too long to make it back and be awake and studied enough. Dang.

-Xenos
Caro-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:15 am Reply with quote
I don't know, the Japanese website the news article links to says the Pillows are only playing in San Francisco for that tour. It lists some other bands playing in NYC.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zoe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote
Yes! Less people to worry about at the Austin show! Smile

Crescent wrote:
one of the two times they're playing during the SXSW festival in Austin are 21+ shows.

Where are you seeing two shows listed? The website only shows the one on Friday.
LiquidNight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
alright! glad to live in Auston Very Happy
Tiresias

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
LiquidNight wrote:
alright! glad to live in Auston :D

All I have to say is that it's very, very, very sad when you mispell the city you live in. This does not bode well for the American education system, not well at all.
UberTai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is dissapointing. At first, I'm excited about the Pillows being in San Fransico the same time I'm there for Spring Break, but I become extremely depressed when I find out that I have to be 21+ in order to get it. And it's an extremely cheap show!

Why couldn't I be conceived earlier!?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crescent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:09 pm Reply with quote
UberTai wrote:
Well, this is dissapointing. At first, I'm excited about the Pillows being in San Fransico the same time I'm there for Spring Break, but I become extremely depressed when I find out that I have to be 21+ in order to get it. And it's an extremely cheap show!

Why couldn't I be conceived earlier!?

I'm in the same boat, myself, since I'm only about 2-3 hours from San Francisco, but I'm only 18. I'm really dissapointed, considering they're my favorite band - I was hoping that the response from an e-mail survey that they had sent out earlier in the year would really push them to try and find all-age venues, considering the amount of underage fans they have.

Zoe wrote:
Where are you seeing two shows listed? The website only shows the one on Friday

The info for the outdoor show on the 17th is listed here: http://www.sister.co.jp/GirlsUStour2005/
-X-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
....NOT cool. I wish the editors would verify the information before they posted it. I went to the NYC venue's website and looked at their listing for the 21st, and they are not playing. I'm REALLY disappointed. See for yourself...

http://www.sin-e.com/html/calendar2.html

Please check your information before you report it next time. *dies a little inside*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2