• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Totoro House at Expo 2005

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erufu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:11 pm Reply with quote
OK, so, to tour in the house, you have to submit an application? Does this just go for foreigners or everybody?
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that looks really cool. I just heard that an old friend of mine is in Japan working at the World Expo, but I had no idea what the World Expo was. I still don't really, but I'm excited that there's a totoro house. Anime smile;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Erufu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:47 am Reply with quote
World Expo was the place to go for new inventions (read neat new food) and is also the thing that took place in the Western World (I'm not sure if it was in San Fransisco or somewhere else) where Asians (can't remember if it was Chinese or Japanese) built a house that was made fun of until the finish and, since then, there has always been Asian influence in Western architecture.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:51 am Reply with quote
I certainly hope they use wood that's not so rotten as in the anime. Laughing Such a house in as poor condition, as that one was drawn to be, would be condemned and pulled down if it were real and in the UK. Wink
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:35 am Reply with quote
Erufu wrote:
OK, so, to tour in the house, you have to submit an application? Does this just go for foreigners or everybody?

Holy Crap! Shocked Never thought tickets would go *that* fast (never thought about it much at all, I suppose).

Foreigners can submit applications for a ticket lottery for admission to the house. The Expo organisers guarantee 40 such positions on any given day (the deadline for receipt of the first month's positions finishes this Sunday, I think). I think within Japan, it's first-come, first-served.

My application's in; I hope I win - I'd hate to go all the way over there and miss it... Confused
Erufu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh, are you going to the expo? I'm going to try to go.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:00 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm definitely going to Expo.

I applied for the "foreigner" tickets to the Kusakabe house and I hope I get them; otherwise I will have to stand on the path outside and look at the garden...
Erufu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:53 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm sure that will provide a nice view! Wink
yusaku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:33 am Reply with quote
It consits of old things. you can see rooms and tools made by wood. It is for mainly everybody who may not be interested in animation. But if you watched the animation, I think you can enjoy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1