• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad Will Probably Be Released 2012, says Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
didn't know they where gonna release it over here so pretty good to hear, although without After Story i doubt i'd buy it, it's just feels too incomplete if it's just half the series, so hopefully they can get an Aftery Story release over here too and i'll gladly part ways with a large chunk of my money
yurixhentai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
YES! PLEASE! FINALLY!

I have been waiting SO long for Clannad to be released in the UK.
ninja noir

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:00 am Reply with quote
Good news, about two or three weeks ago, I decided to start watching the fansubs because I thought it wouldn't be released here. Guess now i'll quit the fansubs and wait for mangas release. Smile
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
ninja noir wrote:
Good news, about two or three weeks ago, I decided to start watching the fansubs because I thought it wouldn't be released here. Guess now i'll quit the fansubs and wait for mangas release. Smile

I wouldn't quit then fansubs cause the video quality will be pretty low on Manga ent UK's release cause they'll just be putting it out on DVD and it'll be the R1 DVD but with the R2 code.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
It is my expectation that much of Clannad's domestic target audience has acquired the R1 releases already, and therefore that that Manga plans to target less fervent fans of the genre. Perhaps this frankly untimely release will be purchased by the those who were initially unenthusiastic about importing, or failing that the ever-present causal audiences possessing little insight into transatlantic products.
In either case, the retail price shall have to reflect the modesty of the intended consumers' interest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
It is my expectation that much of Clannad's domestic target audience has acquired the R1 releases already, and therefore that that Manga plans to target less fervent fans of the genre. Perhaps this frankly untimely release will be purchased by the those who were initially unenthusiastic about importing, or failing that the ever-present causal audiences possessing little insight into transatlantic products.
In either case, the retail price shall have to reflect the modesty of the intended consumers' interest.

naa i think most if not all UK based Clannad fans have downloaded the high quality blu-ray rips rather than importing subquality R1 dvds
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:16 am Reply with quote
This UK-based Clannad fan imported the "subquality" Japanese DVDs, there being no BD option at the time. You do realise that BDs are also being released in the US, right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
This UK-based Clannad fan imported the "subquality" Japanese DVDs, there being no BD option at the time. You do realise that BDs are also being released in the US, right?

I said R1 was subquality not R2 yes the US gets everything good and geo/region blocks everything.
Nilrem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quote
This UK fan bought both R1 DVD releases and may well end up buying the R2UK release when it comes out.

I'm not massively fussed about blu-ray for non action/theatrical anime, as long as the DVD version is reasonable, and finances allowing I'm all for doing what I can to encourage more niche/unusual UK releases.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Nilrem wrote:
This UK fan bought both R1 DVD releases and may well end up buying the R2UK release when it comes out.

I'm not massively fussed about blu-ray for non action/theatrical anime, as long as the DVD version is reasonable, and finances allowing I'm all for doing what I can to encourage more niche/unusual UK releases.

I guess DVD quality isn't too bad if the TV is under 40 inches but R1 DVD just looks horrid on a 47 inch HDTV
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1