• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Mashiro-Iro Symphony Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
really not surprised since sentai leaked that they licensed it when they listed them as the publisher for mashiro. anyway this series doesnt interest me but good news for the people who like it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if this was a package deal with TWGOK...
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Wonder if this was a package deal with TWGOK...

Unlikely because they seem to have different publishers. Mashiro-iro Symphony is published by Frontier Works/Media Factory, whereas TWGOK was Geneon/TV Tokyo. That being said, a lot of these one-cour VN adaptations have been released by Sentai over the last year or two, and Sentai has licensed a lot of Media Factory properties, so it isn't that big of a surprise to me. It still might have been a package deal with something. It's unfortunate that they won't be releasing it on Blu-Ray, but I can see this show is already a niche within a niche (though I personally like it).
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
It's probably more like a niche within a niche within a niche, at least within Japan. Only Phi Brain and Kimi to Boku have less pre-orders at the moment. Manglobe just can't catch a break. I have no idea what they were thinking with this mediocre visual novel adaptation. There are still some awesome VNs that haven't been adapted.
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
God I gotta love Sentai Filmworks more than ever after this.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I accept that, theoretically, there are things I care about less than this, but I am honestly at a loss to figure out what they are.
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Manglobe just can't catch a break. I have no idea what they were thinking with this mediocre visual novel adaptation. There are still some awesome VNs that haven't been adapted.

Well, I assume they're thinking that someone paid them, so they do the work they're paid to do. They're not explicitly listed as being part of the production committee, so this is likely just "work for hire". And for whatever it's worth, within this particular genre of VN (moe/romance), this is probably one of the better ones produced from the last few years, and should make for a pretty decent anime within that genre as long as they continue to stay true to the game. I don't necessarily know what you would describe as an "awesome VN" (everyone's tastes are different) but of course there's nothing precluding them from being adapted if the timing and conditions are right.

Megiddo wrote:
Only Phi Brain and Kimi to Boku have less pre-orders at the moment.

FWIW, that's just the daily pre-order rankings, not the cumulative total. And also, it's one of the releases that's the farthest out in January, with many other shows being released in December (so more urgency to pre-order). That being said, the goal of these adaptations is usually to boost the game sales, and in this case Palette also has another game being released next month. I don't think the producers ever imagined that this would tear up the Blu-Ray charts.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Why do they keep getting anime that wont be release for such a long time and sub them only
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Well I can say that this is one purchase I will not be getting. I just found the first episode way way to generic for my tastes, but good for Sentai since I am sure there will be those who will purchase it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of the anime and quite frankly I have no real interest in it at all..I'm not a fan of Sub only releases..oh well.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Why do they keep getting anime that wont be release for such a long time and sub them only

Because they want to make money and stay in business. It's really quite simple.
^__^v

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
The anime is actually enjoyable despite it being generic. If you can get pass the first two episodes you might to see why it is not as bad as it seems. I hope it stays that way in future episodes.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I can't watch this due to the fact that I have an eye allergy that is triggered by easter-egg colors. The Bunny must have opened a salon.
The American Average

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:35 pm Reply with quote
well little sad that it won't be dubbed but nothing i can do Confused
Takeyo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
well little sad that it won't be dubbed but nothing i can do Confused

Well, theoretically, you and a bunch of other people who like this show can buy the subbed DVDs. There have been occasions where Sentai has gone back and released new, dubbed versions of titles that presumably performed well or way above expectations. Worst case scenario, you still have a perfectly watchable, sub-only DVD set in your library.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2