• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Digimon Xros Wars Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote
So what happened to this series getting broadcasted here? Did Toei give up and decide to throw it to CR now?
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news, I wasn't aware of the series having a simulcasting source and to hear they've got one now, it's kinda giving me incentive to pick up my CR subscription again...
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:22 pm Reply with quote
So they definitely got the "2nd series," as stated on their site news post, and not the first Xros Wars, which wouldn't have been a simulcast.
Quote:
We've just added another title to our Fall lineup: Digimon Xros Wars - The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time which is the 7th series of Digimon, sequel to Digimon Xros Wars[...]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-738907/new-fall-title-digimon-xros-wars

Last edited by xScar on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time Toei is teaming with a company other than FUNimation for a simulcast, right? If there's one company who has been a little hesitant to go into simulcasting with multiple companies, it's Toei.

Here's hoping that this is only the start of more Toei streams in general and future simulcasts.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
So what happened to this series getting broadcasted here? Did Toei give up and decide to throw it to CR now?

If it would have been like the previous Digimon dubs, sub-only is the only way to go anyway. CR is good enough.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Give it time, the first part only just ended a month ago. The days of the Japanese and US releases overlapping are gone without Saban in charge. Data Squad ran 6 months after the Japanese run finished so we could be looking at another 5 months.

I'm happy that Crunchyroll was able to get this, fansubs for this series haven't been entirely reliable.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote
As improbable as it seems, I would like for the series to get an uncut release on DVD. It sounds way different from a regular Digimon series and would be best treated that way.
Ryasha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

If it would have been like the previous Digimon dubs, sub-only is the only way to go anyway. CR is good enough.

I disagree with that. I personally enjoy the dubs just as much as the Japanese version.
chocoburger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Thanks for the obligatory pot shot at the dub. Wanna see how well anime does in America without dubs? Believe me, you wouldn't like the results.

I loved the Digimon dubs since I'm not a persnickety purist who can't understand the point of dubs.

As for Digimon Xros Wars, it's horrible anyway. The first season of it was just as bad, if not worse. Subbed or dubbed wouldn't matter.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind if CR got Digimon Tamers and put in their own subs. Hulu's subs are full of errors.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I wouldn't mind if CR got Digimon Tamers and put in their own subs. Hulu's subs are full of errors.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-tamers

Same subs as Hulu.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quote
If only these (aka ANY/ALL Digimon boxsets) would be released as boxsets (subbed or dual) I'd buy them in a heartbeat... But since it's Toei, it'll never happen :/ At least there are streams, but I need a copy of my own.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
YAY!
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:38 pm Reply with quote
What is Toei's problem with releasing Digimon on DVD here anyway? Or is this another problem related to Saban being bought out by Disney? I can't see how Madman can release Digimon yet a company like Funimation, Well Go, or Shout Factory can't try to get the rights in the US for past seasons...

I hope at least that the stream numbers are enough to convince someone that this would do well on DVD or broadcast.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Technically, this is the third series in the Xros Wars franchise, which apparently ANN decides to completely disregard...

Anyways, CR not showing the first season defeats the purpose of this simulcast as the first two series sets up the larger premise of the third....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2