• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Announces Genshiken Volume 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:21 am Reply with quote
Whoot that was fast. wasnt it like just a couple weeks ago they announced it.

Cant wait to buy it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:55 am Reply with quote
I'm really excited for this release. Since there's 3 episodes of Kujian, I guess that pretty much seals this as a 3 volume release, huh?

It's definitely my favorite series of last season, so I'm really happy about this.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:36 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
I'm really excited for this release. Since there's 3 episodes of Kujian, I guess that pretty much seals this as a 3 volume release, huh?

It's definitely my favorite series of last season, so I'm really happy about this.
It was just such a great show.

I wonder if they will get the manga as well? I hope so.

Like I have said in other threads on Genshiken I dont know wither to laugh or eat a bullet since Im like oh man that sounds like my friends and I at times. I was showing Genshiken to a friend of mine once at at the one scene when they point out that the girl on the poster is from a H game and she's in jr high and that yes the main chgaracter has sex with her my friend justs looks behind him and sees my Shiori from Kanon poster hanging on my wall and just starts cracking up. Granted Im not that extreme that I would miss a date with my girlfriend over a cd launch.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:

I wonder if they will get the manga as well? I hope so.

The manga is already licensed by Del Rey. The first volume will be released in April. Anime smile
beansy99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
Like I have said in other threads on Genshiken I don't know wither to laugh or eat a bullet since Im like oh man that sounds like my friends and I at times. I was showing Genshiken to a friend of mine once at at the one scene when they point out that the girl on the poster is from a H game and she's in jr high and that yes the main chgaracter has sex with her my friend justs looks behind him and sees my Shiori from Kanon poster hanging on my wall and just starts cracking up. Granted Im not that extreme that I would miss a date with my girlfriend over a cd launch.

Man I hear ya. I had reservations about showing this anime to my friends since I'd be an easy target to draw parallels from with the characters in the show (not to those extremes however). I did do it, and they loved it, and fortunately for me I got no funny looks. I must be good at keeping the bulk of my addiction a secret. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1