• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How to Submit Series Relations.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziddar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
is not a sequel of

Getter Robo: Armageddon.
It is yet another version of what happens after the original Getter Robo.
chris keck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:41 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Related anime...it's the kind of information that rarely needs to be added so it wasn't worth the time to make a public interface for it.

It seems like a high percentage of the ANN encyclopedia entries have "Related Anime" and/or "Related Manga". I think it would be worth the time to make a submission form for this instead of just filling up the forum with yet another sticky thread.

Keep up the good work.

chris keck
quincyarcher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Adesugata Mahou no Sannin Musume (#4742) and Majokko Club Yoningumi - A Kuukan Kara no Alien X (#4743) are sequels of Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami (#1284), Maho no Star Magical Emi (#1690), and Mahou no Yousei Persia (#1681). They're a combination of the leading girls of each of these anime.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Hi quincyarcher, how were #4742 and #4743 related? Is #4743 a sequel or a spinoff of #4742?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
quincyarcher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
#4743 is a spinoff of #4742
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:39 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit hesitant to link #4742 as the sequel (direct continuation of the story) of #1284, #1681, and #1690 together. If #4742 simply adapted characters and some background settings from the three, "Composed of" might be a better relationship indicator. I'm afraid that I don't have any chance to watch them, and their info are limited on the web.

BTW, don't forget #1691, Maho no Idol Pastel Yumi. Yumi was not in #4742 but in #4743.

You are really good at digging up those Pierrot's mahou shoujo 80's oldies! :thumb!:
(IIRC you were not even born yet when those title aired)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
quincyarcher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, composed of sounds better. Smile I'd be reticent to call either a direct sequel of the series.

That's the great thing about video. I don't even have to have been alive to see things.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Done. Kinda complex relationships. Wink

Ahh, those 80's titles with distinct art style...how nostalgic. Anime exclamation
wao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:17 am Reply with quote
It's been mentioned in the beginning of this thread but nobody's linked Guu FINAL as a sequel of Guu Deluxe and I don't really need to explain why, do I? o.O

It's bugged me a bit, that's all.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The source of conflict here is City hunter.
The following is a list of sequels in chronological order:
City hunter 2.
City hunter 3.
City hunter 91.
City Hunter: .357 Magnum.
City Hunter: Bay City Wars.
City Hunter: Million Dollar Conspiracy.
City Hunter: The Secret Service.
City Hunter: Goodbye my Sweetheart.
City Hunter: Death of the Vicious Criminal Ryo Saeba.
The following is an adaptation:
City Hunter (live-action movie).

Quote:
Magic Kaito, is a related manga to the detective conan manga

Quote:
Grendizer is a remake of The Great Battle of the Flying Saucers

Quote:
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu FINAL (#3435)
is the sequel to
Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu DELUXE (#2024)

Quote:
This anime is listed as a sequel but it is not; it is an alternate retelling of anime 165.

Quote:
anime#832 (Pokemon - Mewtwo Returns (special)) is a direct story sequal to anime#196 (Pokemon - The First Movie)

Quote:
Megazone 23
Megazone 23 Part II
Megazone 23 Part III

Quote:
Beet the Vandle Buster anime is an adaption of the manga

Quote:
Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
is not a sequel of
Getter Robo: Armageddon.
It is yet another version of what happens after the original Getter Robo.

All done. Please let me know if there's any unlinked and/or incorrectly linked titles. Thanks.

Quote:
The relationship between the Digimon anime and manga are not given in the encyclopedia.

Quote:
One more thing the relationships between the Different Slayers manga and the manga and anime are not given.

Could you be more specific? Those two popular titles have way too many sequels, prequels, and spinoffs. We might need a chart or something to show the detailed relationship tree.
quincyarcher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:15 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Quote:
The relationship between the Digimon anime and manga are not given in the encyclopedia.

Quote:
One more thing the relationships between the Different Slayers manga and the manga and anime are not given.

Could you be more specific? Those two popular titles have way too many sequels, prequels, and spinoffs. We might need a chart or something to show the detailed relationship tree.

The Digimon manga is a recapping of the Digimon story for the first three seasons(why is Digimon Tamers listed as a sequel of 02? It doesn't have the same characters as the original two seasons and takes place on a different world, same with Digimon Frontier). Digimon Chronicle and Digimon V-Tamer, like Digimon D-Cyber, have little to do with the Digimon anime. Neither of them contain the original characters(Well, V-Tamer has Taichi, but is completely different) or quite the same setting. The only thing they have in common are the relation to the Digimon franchise. Digimon Chronicle came with the Pendulum-X digivices as an extra.

Also, can we connect the Digimon movies back to their original seasons? Diablomon to Season 02, the two Tamers films to Tamers, and the Frontier film to Frontier.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Rayearth 2 anime is listed as a sequel of the first season, but it should also be listed as the adaptation of the Rayearth 2 manga. In the anime, the two seasons have the same name but the manga does not. Rayearth and Rayearth 2 are given different names... So I think the second manga should point to the second season anime. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Super Doll Licca-chan manga is related to Super Doll Licca-chan anime, but the anime actually came first (it was based off of toys, not the manga) so.. I guess it would be the manga is the adaptation. ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Utena Movie manga is related to Utena movie anime... But they were pretty much made together so it isn't that the movie is based off of the manga, really. =/ I think the movie was in production first, even.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:51 am Reply with quote
The Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo anime is a remake of the Getter Robo Gou (aka Venger Robo) manga. Also worth noting that the Getter Robo Go anime is considered to be a remake of Getter Robo Gou (aka Venger Robo) manga rather than an adaptation because of how heavily it strays from the manga in terms of character design and story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 26