• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animerica to Change Format

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biliano

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote
A friend of mine warned me about this. Good thing I decided NOT to renew my subscription. Razz
Mayko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
What about all of us who have subscriptions!?! We better get compensated! But why are they doing this in the first place?!
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Well I know what they are going to do to the subcibers: transfer them to Shojo Beat. Unless your intersted in it unsubcibe, that's what I'm doing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
otaking66

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
And so it begins...one by one all inferior anime mags will fall before the awesome might of NewtypeUSA!! Twisted Evil (by the way...is there any way to pick our next target?? I'm rooting for Anime Insider next!!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:08 am Reply with quote
Interesting development. Still, I don't really like Animerica these days, since they seem to make a big deal over the number of reviews on the cover ("44 REVIEWS!" "20 REVIEWS!" "A LOT OF REVIEWS!", other magazines are equally guilty of this) and mostly have these wimpy half-page things with an annoying star rating system. I've always hated those things.
Demon's Dream

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:43 am Reply with quote
Damn, this sucks. And they just changed the format a few months ago. Why must they screw the little people?!
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:33 am Reply with quote
Hmmm... that's cool. I wonder if there is a catch though, I bet you have to buy something from the bookstores first before you take a copy home.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Akukaze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:34 am Reply with quote
otaking66 wrote:
And so it begins...one by one all inferior anime mags will fall before the awesome might of NewtypeUSA!! Twisted Evil (by the way...is there any way to pick our next target?? I'm rooting for Anime Insider next!!)

I like Animerica better than Newtype. I mean I get both of them, but the writing for most of the Newtype articles just sort of.... bugs me. Hmm..... Oh well. :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Arachne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:36 am Reply with quote
Aw man! We're going to get a bunch of free magazines?

*pouts* That's just more crap for me to keep up with at work..
Kateonfire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:29 am Reply with quote
Geez, I liked Animerica. Good thing is, I also want Shojo Beat, so it all works out for me. Not that I won't still be picking up Animerica at Borders!
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:20 am Reply with quote
otaking66 wrote:

Don't bet on it. Anime Insider just went monthly, and I use it for research as much as I use Newtype for research. They're both great magazines. (I own subscriptions to both, as well as Protoculture Addicts.)
B33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:56 am Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of animerica... though it will be weird not seeing their mag anymore on the stands...
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:26 am Reply with quote
otaking66 wrote:

You know their circulation stomps NewtypeUSAs, right?
TODE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Angel Lily wrote:
Well I know what they are going to do to the subcibers: transfer them to Shojo Beat. Unless your intersted in it unsubcibe, that's what I'm doing.
I hope they give some of us the choice of switching over to Shonen Jump, or adding on to their existing SJ sub.

LOL it's been reported on the ANN feed on the front page of the animerica-mag.com site but not on the actual site yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
HenshinPimp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quote
otaking66 wrote:

Yeah, too bad about NT being boring and all...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3