• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Viz Media Fires Up Kids' Imaginations This Holiday Season with New Manga Titles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:03 am Reply with quote
Myoopi!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:34 am Reply with quote
$70 for ten volumes of the Legend of Zelda manga would actually equate to the deluxe edition of Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword for the Nintendo Wii. It's probably really worth it I am sure, but man is that a ton of money.
TronBonne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quote
You can pick up the Legend of Zelda boxset for much cheaper than $70. Both Amazon.com and .ca have them for less, I got it for $53 off of .ca. Great investment!

I really want to collect the newer seasons of the Pokemon anime, but I find the box sets they are releasing them in are too bulky. I don't have much space, so I would prefer it if they were thinpacks instead. Sad

But anyway, there are some great gift ideas here.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
TronBonne wrote:
You can pick up the Legend of Zelda boxset for much cheaper than $70. Both Amazon.com and .ca have them for less, I got it for $53 off of .ca. Great investment!

I really want to collect the newer seasons of the Pokemon anime, but I find the box sets they are releasing them in are too bulky. I don't have much space, so I would prefer it if they were thinpacks instead. :(

But anyway, there are some great gift ideas here.

I know you could find them much cheaper elsewhere (especially on Amazon) but I figured an analogy wouldn't make more interesting conversation.

To those who actually want to pick up the boxset for (now) well under $70, I will provide the link to Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Box-Set/dp/1421542420/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321730122&sr=8-1

However, I will caution that it's not technically the complete set, so buyer beware I suppose.

It's probably (potentially) cheaper on Ebay, Craigslist or even other websites, but Amazon is probably the best bet, especially since the boxset is sold and shipped by Amazon.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote
So I'm guessing this means that VIZ has completely just dropped the Kirby manga?
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:06 pm Reply with quote
If they really wanted to "fire up kids' imaginations" they would release the Doraemon manga, since they've been sitting on the license for years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1