• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Popotan DVD 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn that Popotan was orgionaly a Hentai game in Japan. Shocked
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
I could have sworn that Popotan was orgionaly a Hentai game in Japan. Shocked

Acctually... I'm pretty sure it was. In fact, I'm 99% sure, seeing as the review says it was an H-game.

And though I have completely mixed thoughts from what I've heard about this series now, I think that acctually, quite a few H-games-gone-clean-anime as of recent have acctually had a very suprisingly high amount of substance, many of them being very hard to tell they ever were H-games.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Could somebody explain how Osamu Tezuka's music became feaured in this anime? Was it written for a different project?
tropical_kit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:54 am Reply with quote
Proman wrote:
Could somebody explain how Osamu Tezuka's music became feaured in this anime? Was it written for a different project?

I'm guessing it's not the Osamu Tezuka, but the one who did the music for Shadow Skill.
-gecko-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
That is so bizarre (about the h-game bit)! Shocked I let my girls watch it since the stories are quite harmless if you give a pass on nudity.

I've been reading an anime encyclopedia which refers to a major number of anime originating in some game or other.

Something so cute from an h-game? Go figure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
-gecko- wrote:
That is so bizarre (about the h-game bit)! Shocked I let my girls watch it since the stories are quite harmless if you give a pass on nudity.

I've been reading an anime encyclopedia which refers to a major number of anime originating in some game or other.

Something so cute from an h-game? Go figure.

I think it is also a Loli H-game as well, your free to correct me if I am wrong.
-gecko-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. I suppose it would have to be given the characters are quite young. I had to look up "loli" in the urban dictionary. NOT my chioce for word of the day...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:15 pm Reply with quote
-gecko- wrote:
Yeah. I suppose it would have to be given the characters are quite young. I had to look up "loli" in the urban dictionary. NOT my chioce for word of the day...

No kidding, then again in the DU(Denver Univeristy) anime club we have three guys and a girl that are in to it. Makes me sick to think about it. Somtimes I wonder how the Headmaster of the club can hand them. Then agin we do have 30 people.

I do find Popotan funny, and like the gags, but sometimes I do ask myself how I can watch it.
-gecko-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, I don't mind fanservice and the show is pretty cute (almost endearing) so I'll just keep that whole h-game thing in the back of my mind. I'll be sure to preview the final DVD before the girls get to watch, though.
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
tropical_kit wrote:
Proman wrote:

I'm guessing it's not the Osamu Tezuka, but the one who did the music for Shadow Skill.

That was my guess as well but the link on the review's page led to the Osamu Tezuka's biography. And they did refer to him as a god of manga. Go figure.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Proman wrote:
That was my guess as well but the link on the review's page led to the Osamu Tezuka's biography. And they did refer to him as a god of manga. Go figure.

ANN's got something that auto-links certain names to default Encyclopedia entries. Actually look in the Encyclopedia for "Osamu Tezuka" and it'll return two separate entries (composer and creator) with parenthesis next to their names differentiating the two.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
That clears it up for me. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1