• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aoshi Zero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:30 am Reply with quote
This my first time postin so its goin to be funny how stupid im goin to sound heh ^^

My favorite is a Anime I saw recently called Please Teacher

1. Please Teacher A anime about a 18 year old student but looks 15 because of a diease that stop his body from developin while he was in a near death coma or sleep whatever you want to call it. He meets a alien on accident while thinkin by a lake. Later the alien turns out to be his new teacher and is forced marry her so her serect won't be discovered. I love this anime so much, I never really like lovely dubely stuff till this one. This anime teared out my heart and made me almost cry. It was funny, made me laugh and I just loved this anime and still can't get enough heh.

The next animes I really can't choose the order I like them, since I don't have much time Ill just random choose them^^

2. Trigun This anime was my favorite till I saw Please Teacher I love the story of Vash and gunnin through all the stuff till that final battle with his brother, a conflict some 100 years in the waitin.

3. Case Closed I love this anime beacuse of the story, too me it was funny and the Conan was a smart kid.....teen lol\

4. FLCL Was there a time when you ain't laughin. I liked this series.....6 epsiodes alot. "Eyebrows!"

5. Rurouni Kenshin This series is amazin. Very well made through I only got half way threw it >.<

6. Yu Yu Hakusho I love the fightin in this anime and how funny it can be at times

7. Full Metal Panic This anime I first saw on Cartoon Network, too me it seems slow sometimes but I like it.

8. Lupin the 3rd This anime shows even the old stuff can be great.

Im not goin to say what I hate cause every anime I watched had someone that was good, no anime is bad just depends on the person ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nimbus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote
[post deleted]

Last edited by Nimbus on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
smudgechan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Top Animes:

1. Naruto
Naruto... is a masterpiece. The series is fast paced, the fillers aren't too lame, it follows the manga, it has everything that a masterpiece needs - comedy, action, gets you thinking and gives some brain food, there are lovable characters and characters that are ... horrible {makes you wish the creator would just kill him *cough* off}...

2. Bleach
Is supreme awesomeness. Like Naruto, the first episode gets you hooked. Death Gods, Soul Society, Hollows, cute girls, strong guys, awesome story line - it's ... different. It is also fast paced, but if you miss an episode you aren't left blind.

3. Loveless *huggles monitor* This anime is so... sugoi! It's mind blowingly cute. And not in the "he's so cuuuuute!" *fangirl shriek* way either... It's n o t one of those sappy, lovey, sweet animes... It's... different. It has the right touch of violence, suspense and yaoiness.

4. Basilisk - Koga Ninpo Cho
Aiee!! It's so violent and it has ninjas and there's some romance and ninja superpowers! Lol, Only one episode so far (according to my sources) - so i'm looking forward to future shows.

Not liked Animes:

1. Air. I heard about it from a webcomic {MegaTokyo} so I thought to myself - if the creator lurves the show so much, then it must be good! I downloaded it, and sure enough... It was way too sappy for my taste. The first episode wasn't... catchy in my eyes... It seemed boring, dull and... really sappy. Sappy.

That's the only anime that I can think of at the top of my head... I'm not even going to mention Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Pokemon and those other kiddy shows. I'm sure if I was 9 years old - They might have been amusing... But now when I watch them {due to lack of anything better to do}... It seems as if the storyline... just repeats... every episode is the same. It just drags on and on and ooon.

Please, don't take offense in my opinions.
This concludes my post. Anime smallmouth
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote
anianalizer wrote:
Hello, newbie here.

Obviously.. but could you go back and at least put some reasons of why you like and dislike those titles? Making a list of anime without telling us the reasons you enjoy and hate those is kind of pointless, and your post may even be deleted because of that.

Anyway, thanks and welcome.
anianalizer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I see.

Top five.

1. World of Narue
reason: This is a cute anime series that is fun to watch. I enjoy good fanservice with schoolgirl(s). I also like Veronica Taylor who is the voice actress for Narue.

2. Inuyasha
reason: It is a long lasting series with great action. Fanservice is OK but I really like the storyline. Some poeple don't like the fact that the series is too long but I like the long series.

3. Sister Princess
reason: An anime with a guy living in a house full of 12 cute girls is enjoyable. If they are his sisters, that makes it even more interesting. Need I say anymore?

4. Pokemon
reason: I've been watching this since I was 8 (I'm 14 now) and have never lost interest. My favorite voice actress Veronica Taylor is Ash. I'm just attached to this show. I really don't have a reason.

5. Azmanga Daioh
reason: It is so damn funny and cute. That is it.

Worst five.

1. Colorful
reason: It abused the fanservice. In fact, the fanservice is all they got. They storyline, voice acting, jpop are terrible.

2. Hamtaro
reason: This is just too childish for me, plain and simple.

3. SD Gundam
reason: How dare they use the name Gundam for this crap?

4. My Dear Marie
reason: The storyline is just confusing. Everything about this show is below average and fanservice doesn't mean a thing if every thing is terrible.

5. Shinzo
reason: This show my look good, but the voice acting was so bad that it didn't matter.
Ashton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:08 pm Reply with quote
1: Haibane Renmei
Is my alltime favourite because it has more depth than any other anime I've seen so far. Everytime I have watched it I have found new aspects and little details that I have missed in previous runs. The best thing of it is that it doesn't under estimate the watcher and most of the important nuances have to be found by wiewer. Of course I love Abe's art and unmatched character desing, fitting score and good animation too.

2: Kino No Tabi
Has many of the same good charasterictics than Haibane and therefore number two.
Most interesting aspect of Kino is the diversity and the contrasts of the cultures and moral codes in the countries Kino and Hermes visit in. Second episode of the series is also my favourite anime episode ever.

3: Saikano
The best quality of Saikano is it's strongly character driven story. This is the only anime that made me depressed after watching it first time and some parts of it were allmost intolerable. And the fact that it causes such a strong feelings is a good thing, of course. I also really like the unique drawing style of Saikano.

4: Hajime No Ippo
First thoughts of this after many of my friends recommended it to me: "what boxing? no way am I going to like this. Boxing is retarded." Well, I was proven wrong, once again. Ippo has just the kind of humour that I like and the character desing is also first rate. The matches in Ippo are also very well made, exciting and they really put that adrenalin running through your veins.

5: Rahxephon
Enhanced version of Evangelion. Again very strong and versatile story with good characters.

6: Azumanga Daioh
Osaka, Osaka, Osaka. My favourite philosopher. Good slapstick comedy and smart parody of many phenomenon in Japanise school and culture.

7: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
YKK manga is the best thing that mankind has ever made. Anime versions of it were maybe a little disappointing and didn't quite grasp the feeling of YKK manga. The drawings and animation were still amazing.

8 -10 One piece, Madlax, Cowboy Bebop & Planetes

Few series that I haven't had chance to watch yet and are propably going to rise to the list are Now and Then, Here and There & Monster. I have heard many good things about them and they seem to be the kind of series I like.

I haven't seen that many really bad series but I tend to skip those most horrifying pieces of fanservice crap. The best example could be Green Green that I couldn't even bear to finish the first episode.
It's Debateable

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quote
the presence of Paranoia Agent on anyone's "worst" list is sickening. It was EASILY one of the best series that year.
Ulthrion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:48 am Reply with quote
It's Debateable wrote:
the presence of Paranoia Agent on anyone's "worst" list is sickening. It was EASILY one of the best series that year.

If it's so easily the best series, then I assume that it isn't too hard for you to give arguments for this statement. I personally haven't seen the series, but it looked okay to me from what I've heard about it though.
It didn't occur to me yet that there were many people that had this series on their worst list.

Farseer Ulthrion
BucJoy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Samurai Champloo needs to hurry up n come out on DVD so i can get it i'm tired of waiting
Chiroptera Rex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:40 pm Reply with quote
BucJoy wrote:
Samurai Champloo needs to hurry up n come out on DVD so i can get it i'm tired of waiting

Hey, I'm still waiting for all of the Gungrave DVDs to come out. I have three of the seven Gungrave DVDs, but haven't watched any yet because I'm waiting for them to come out on DVD. I'm doing the same thing for Samurai Champloo. I hate the waiting too, but I'm working on other series now so I know that later I'll have two good series to watch.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:03 pm Reply with quote
The show begins airing on Adult Swim in almost literally two weeks, so why not just catch it there while waiting on the DVDs?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:18 am Reply with quote
BucJoy wrote:

The beauty of Samurai Champloo is you don't need to watch all 26 episode in one run. You can catch whatever episode for each month as the story are self contained and it's entertaining (much like Bebop). As the DVD are coming out every 2 month, it gives you something to watch all year around
Little Miss Maria

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:13 am Reply with quote
Favorite:

1. Wolf's Rain: This is my favorite becasue it has a great storyline. I also love wolves! Very Happy So what better than to combine anime with my favorite animal! Also, it's the first anime that I've watched all the episodes in order! Cool

2. Sailor Moon: This one is always going to be one of my favorite's because it's one my first anime I've seen.

3. Rave Master: Love it!

4. .Hack//Legend of the Twilight: Great show! I can't keep my eye's of it!

5. .Hack//Sign: The show was good, but the best part was the music.

6. Fullmetal Alchemist: I love this series! Very Happy

7. Gundam Seed: Great storyline.

8. Inuyasha: I love how the characters have their own unique personality, and how each epsode has a different story.

9. Cowboy Bebop: Really funny!

10. Trigun: Vash is so hot! Wink

Don't really have non-favorite anime.
Cheesemon

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:56 am Reply with quote
I never get tired of this question. Hm, off the top of my head . .

Best 10
1. Naruto - A little like DBZ, except with less filler, better music and animation, deeper characters, amazing OPs and EDs, and an engrossing story. Plus very evil cliffhangers. Of all anime characters, I find I relate to Naruto the most, which adds to my enjoyment of the show.

2. Evangelion - One of the anime that affected me the most on many different levels . . rarely do I watch a whole series more than once, but I've had to with this just to understand it all. Unlike many people, I liked the last two episodes, and the movie ranks as my favorite anime movie of all time. And I will never get "Fly Me to the Moon" out of my head because of this show. ><

3. Fullmetal Alchemist - I love angst in my anime, and this one provides it by the bucket load. And I don't usually like fantasy anime, but this one jumps out of the norm . . no elves, no sorcery, no dragons (that show up for longer than 5 seconds anyway) . . Just great animation, great characters, creative story and concept, and wonderful OP and ED's.

4. MONSTER - One of the only anime I've seen where EVERY episode is good. And even the subcharacters get as much development and air time as the main characters! The story just branches out into so many different paths that keep crossing together in uncontrived ways. Really glad I gave this show a try.

5. Konjiki no Gashbell - Hilarious characters and animation, but lots of heart too. Perhaps the only show I've seen where even the fillers are excellent. Truly the king of the monster training genre.

6. Ashita no Nadja - The best shojou I have ever seen because it's soooo different. There are no magic transformations or attacks, just a girl searching for her long-lost mother in 19th century Europe. Great animation, and amazing, amazing music that changes from country to country. The only strange thing is everyone in Europe speaking in Japanese . . this is one of the only anime that would probably work better dubbed into English (license it already!!)

7. Cowboy Bebop - Just great in all areas, many engrossing and memorable episodes. Love the music here too.

8. Bo-bobo - The FUNNIEST anime ever. Anime just doesn't make me laugh much, but this one just is crammed with laugh-out loud moments in every episode. And the jokes and characters are just wild. I think of it as a modern Alice in Wonderland, and being that Alice is my favorite book of all time, you can see why I love this show.

9. Atashin'chi - Unlike Sazaesan, this is a family more of us can relate to. Just a lot of everyday situations that have probably happened to all of us, but made funnier here. And the OP and ED never get tiring.

10. One Piece - One Piece has a ton of great, funny and memorable episodes . . but there have been quite a few stinkers too and sometimes it tries too hard to get you to cry and ends up falling flat. I've also never seen an anime this afraid to kill off characters . . . almost EVERYONE survives, good guys, bad guys, subcharacters . . the absolute opposite of FMA. Wink So I keep knocking it down the top 10, but for the Chopper arc and some memorable moments from Luffy, it will always hang in here.

Worst 5
Hm, I'd have to think longer on that one . . . some recent anime I've seen that I really didn't like include Mai Hime, Prince of Tennis, Scrapped Princess, and Ragnarok Online. And I really, really hate Pretty Cure (sorry Ask John).

Last edited by Cheesemon on Wed May 04, 2005 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:20 am Reply with quote
Cheesemon wrote:
I never get tired of this question. Hm, off the top of my head . .

<LIST>

Way to not read the rules. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 122