• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam UC Volume 4 Give-Away

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I entered!

This e-mail notification thing, is that something new? Cause ANN never sent e-mails to contestants to inform them of the results in the contests I've entered before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Whooo, hope I win!! Of course, that means I'd have to go back and buy Vols 1-3... Laughing .
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I think it's meant to say "Winners will be contacted...", not "Entrants"
Tratious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I hope I win, I can't afford to buy this volume
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I've had to put Unicorn on the backburner until recently. I asked for volume 3 for Christmas, but it would be neat to get volume 4, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I entered and am hoping for the best.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Good luck to ya'll on this contest. Smile
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I've had to put Unicorn on the backburner until recently. I asked for volume 3 for Christmas, but it would be neat to get volume 4, too.

You asked for it for Christmas? Just how old are you? I always pictured you as being somewhere in the mid-twenties to early thirties range, what with you having watched quite a few old-school Anime and your love of the Japanese version of Dragonball Z.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
^ I still asked for stuff for Christmas (two things only) and I am twenty six. So I see nothing wrong with PT asking for something for Christmas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
I think it's meant to say "Winners will be contacted...", not "Entrants"

Nope. All entrants will receive an e-mail. Either "Congrats, you won," or "Sorry, you didn't win."

Yes it's something new, not all our contests will be done this way, but some will.

-t
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

You asked for it for Christmas? Just how old are you? I always pictured you as being somewhere in the mid-twenties to early thirties range, what with you having watched quite a few old-school Anime and your love of the Japanese version of Dragonball Z.

My grandparents still get my parents things for Christmas and my parents are in there 50s and 60s. My mom still asks me what I want for Christmas every year and I'm almost 30, and if I told her I didn't want any thing I guarantee she would get me something anyway. I don't really see what age has to do with receiving Christmas presents.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

I'm 28. Maybe I'm spoiled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:30 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

My grandparents still get my parents things for Christmas and my parents are in there 50s and 60s. My mom still asks me what I want for Christmas every year and I'm almost 30, and if I told her I didn't want any thing I guarantee she would get me something anyway. I don't really see what age has to do with receiving Christmas presents.

My family is similar. My parents tried to get my aunts and uncles to stop, but everyone still likes the tradition of placing presents under the Christmas tree and having the "kids" (me, who's 25, my sister, who's 23, and my cousins) hand out all of the gifts to everyone. Both sides of the family still do this (once the grandmothers on either side pass away I imagine it'll stop).

And then of course there's always the Christmas gifts exchanged between my mom, dad, and sister.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Some of us are broke(or close to it), and will come up with any way to get something.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:23 am Reply with quote
The responses have certainly been interesting and eye opening.

My grandparents still insist on giving me a bit of cash for birthdays and Christmas, but I don't ask for it. I still accept it though; I'm not that principled (to refuse it).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4