• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Rie Kugimiya Added to Baby, Please Kill Me! Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
Very interesting turn of events. Adding a new character isn't so surprising since it would be kind of hard to have an anime with only 3 characters, one of whom only shows up rarely. But that they'd use the rejected character from the manga...

Though the thing is that Yasuna was the normal one while the unnamed character was the idiot, and in the end Yasuna absorbed the other girl's personality traits. So now we'll have two idiot characters, unless the unnamed girl will also get a personality revamp.
Bastille

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yoshiki Yamakawa (Hatsukoi Limited) is directing the anime at J.C. Staff (A Certain Magical Index, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, Nodame Cantabile)

Maybe this won't turn out so badly...

Quote:
, and Hideki Shirane of Dream Eater Merry and Aria the Scarlet Ammo are in charge of the scripts.

Nope, never mind! I'll still watch it but I'm not getting my hopes up. It will be interesting to see what Kugi brings to the series though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
I think the quality of the script could go either way (Merry and Aria weren't too bad, but definitely not JC Staff's strongest efforts). It all depends on what they try to do. Each strip of Baby Please Kill Me is basically Yasuna doing something stupid that pisses Sonia off. It's funny enough in the 4koma and if they just adapt that straight up it should be fine. But they might try to expand and add more to it which could potentially backfire.

Still, I'm optimistic.
Konopan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quote
Previously, in the JC Staff boardroom:
"QUICK! WE NEED KUGIMIYA APPEAL!"
"BUT WE'VE ALREADY GOT SEIYUU FOR ALL THE CHARACTERS!"
"THEN WE'LL JUST HAVE TO ADD A NEW ONE!"
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Now I know for sure what I'm not watching.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:45 am Reply with quote
Ugh just hope she doesn't ruin the series. The manga was already fun as it was. Hope to god she's not a tsundere character.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Ugh just hope she doesn't ruin the series. The manga was already fun as it was. Hope to god she's not a tsundere character.

Well according to the manga extras she's a dumb assassin from a rival organization.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1