• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Rurouni Kenshin Anime's Part I Promo Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seraphim_Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:33 am Reply with quote
Simply awesome! Cannot wait for this. I'm assuming "Part 2" will cover the last story from the manga? Either way it looks great. Hopefully it's not a rushed compilation project like in other series.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:42 am Reply with quote
I hope this also prompts Media Blasters to license the remastered version of the original.
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 am Reply with quote
Okay, you mean we get this and Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago, with the second and third movies being released later that year? Man, 2012 is looking to be a pretty good year already.

Seriously, though, this has a terrific team of producers; it's going to be absolutely beautiful in audio and visuals. I mean, it's the same guy that directed Le Chevalier D'Eon and Welcome to the NHK, and the same woman who produced the dialogue for We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day and Wandering Son, and Studio DEEN... Need I say more? Cool
taco123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 am Reply with quote
Is this that project they were working on? An OVA? Not animating the rest of the arcs?

Well, I'm disappointed.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:28 am Reply with quote
Not impressed by this, maybe Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood spoiled me, FMA: Brotherhood changed the character designs to be more accurate to Hiromu Arakawa's designs, while this movie designs are less accurate to Watsuki's designs than the tv series. I really wish I knew why Furuhashi appears to be obsessed with Kenshin looking realistic.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:30 am Reply with quote
i hope this comes to America and I hope it has the same voice actors. Shishio's voice was perfect and so was Kenshin's that it was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kenruyoh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 am Reply with quote
Great NEWS again after a few weeks. I hope that more and more people would support this movie series, so that will make the production team REALIZE that we really must have a whole-series REMAKE or maybe an ADAPTATION of the 3rd Arc. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hoping again that they would release the next part in just after 3 months hehehe, and then Funi would make the English dub afterwards maybe in winter next year....
2012 is so exciting... Rurouni Kenshin + Evangelion = Hell I care for the end of the world Cool Twisted Evil
Erunno

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:20 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Not impressed by this, maybe Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood spoiled me, FMA: Brotherhood changed the character designs to be more accurate to Hiromu Arakawa's designs, while this movie designs are less accurate to Watsuki's designs than the tv series. I really wish I knew why Furuhashi appears to be obsessed with Kenshin looking realistic.

Usually I'm also wary of deviations from the original source but Furuhashi took the source material, completely threw the original style and atmosphere overboard and created a masterpiece: Trust & Betrayal. The movie is one of the best examples I know of which demonstrates that not slavishly sticking to the source material can produce great things. I file such occurrences under "creative freedom" at least as long as it suits my tastes. Wink Just for this I'll forgive him anything (including making a moe version of Rorouni Kenshin).
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:35 am Reply with quote
Erunno wrote:
Usually I'm also wary of deviations from the original source but Furuhashi took the source material, completely threw the original style and atmosphere overboard and created a masterpiece: Trust & Betrayal. The movie is one of the best examples I know of which demonstrates that not slavishly sticking to the source material can produce great things. I file such occurrences under "creative freedom" at least as long as it suits my tastes. Wink Just for this I'll forgive him anything (including making a moe version of Rorouni Kenshin).

You do know that he was also involved with Reflection right? Do you forgive him for that piece of trash too? Rolling Eyes
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:48 am Reply with quote
I agree. T&B was great but Reflections was just dirt & trash. And I have no problem with the new chara designs as they seem to fit with today's standards. I don't care if the Jinchuu arc isn't goin' to be animated. I'm just happy they brought back Kenshin.
Xanas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:04 am Reply with quote
I think it looks good. It's kind of a half-way between the designs in the OVAs and the show, which I think is a good place to sit for a new version of the series.

I like Kenshin in the English dub. I forgot for some reason about the Seiyuu in the Japanese version. I really just don't think it fits honestly. I know there are some females who play males and usually they are wimpy type characters. I just don't see Kenshin that way even though he can be a goofball at times in the more comedic parts.

This isn't intended as a troll post, though I'm sure I'll encourage flames since I know the original Japanese dub is well-liked.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 am Reply with quote
I think they should used these movies to end the TV series once and for all. I still have hope they'll do that one day, who knows? Maybe they'll make more sequels to these movies to do just that.
Erunno

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:11 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
You do know that he was also involved with Reflection right? Do you forgive him for that piece of trash too? Rolling Eyes

Of course, whatever one might think of his other works it doesn't devalue Trust & Betrayal as a standalone piece of art. Reflection just shows that for some people lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place. I can just wait and hope that the spark of creativity that caused him and his team to create T&B will show itself again in future works. In the meantime I can ignore all the output that I don't like just fine.
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote
Looks good, but that's just one minute. The animation and character designs look very good and the background is actually one of the ones used in the TV series I wonder if they'll just remove all comedy as they did in Reflections.
Kenruyoh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote
They did remove comedy too in Trust and Betrayal, I was surprised on Tomoe's character in the manga when compared to the OVA, waaaaaaay different because of no comedy and sarcasm. But I can say that I fell inlove with Tomoe in the OVA as compared to the Manga... still, its a hands down to Watsuki! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2